Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Terrace Events

Pages: 1 6 replies

K

Aloha! Wanted to announce some events at the Tiki Terrace over the next couple weeks.

Nov. 23rd... Cocktail Preachers, 8:30 PM - Late, Mai Tai Special
Nov. 26th... Barefoot Hawaiians new show, Hana Hao Dance Revue, 8:00 PM
Dec. 2nd... Havana Playboys (Penthouse Playboys), 8:30 PM - Late

I am uncertain about the need for reservations, but we are taking reservations if interested. I imagine (and hope) it will be pretty crowded. If you would like to make reservations, please call the restaurant at 847-795-TIKI. We can only take resrevations for early birds... 8:00 and earlier.

If any of you attended the Jake Shimabukuro concert last night, thanks for coming! It was such a great evening... one that I will never forget! If you have the opportunity to see Jake, definitely do so!!! He will be on Conan Obrian show in Dec.. the 15th I think! Thanks James for doing the sound!

T

I'd like to give a big recommendation for the Tiki Terrace. Drop by and support these guys, they are one heck of a nice group.

We just happened to be misplaced from California on the night of the Jake Shimabukuro show. We didn't have tickets, but Scott was nice enough to let us slip in right after the show. (Jake is also a super nice guy BTW).

They proceeded to then feed us (coconut pasta and yummy taro chips) and give us an amazing dessert. They did try to not charge us for the food, but we were having none of that.

The drinks were tasty (the Zombie is potent!), the atmosphere is relaxing (which we needed) and the wait staff can really dance.

For us it was a great escape from an otherwise forgettable trip. Thanks again Scott!

just wanted to bump this thread up to remind those around town or those that will be in town to check out the penthouse playboys doing their newest material as the "havanna playboys" at the tiki terrace on friday night...see ya there!!

K

Tonight, Friday night, we are booked to standing room for Penthouse Playboys at 8:30... Tables should start opening around 10-10:30ish I imagine. So please come in still, but expect it to be crowded earlier on. This is just my guess. Give a call if you do not have a reservation and want to get status. 847 795 TIKI

Saturday, we are nearly booked for the Hana Hou Hula Show at 8:00 PM. Defintely get reservation if you are interested. We had to turn many away last week since we are such a small place.

Aloha!
Scott

Wow... its booming for you guys!
So good to hear!

..didn't make a reservation as i'm coming out there after an x-mas party to see the band...figured why take up a table that could be generating you money when I'm only going to have a couple drinks...so you can imagine the holy hell i'll raise if i have to drive my tired drunk ass all the way out there, only to get turned away....

although humorous, the above senario does illustrate a point...how do you find a balance between the small size of the space and the various needs of your customers....no one wants to be turned away, but neither do they want to feel compelled to order a complete dinner for the sake of having to see a favorite performer...it seems the place was designed as more of a dinner-and-a-show type place, which is fine, but I think you may have shot yourself in the foot with having limited bar seating. It seems a larger bar, perhaps tucked back where the vip hut is would have been nice..that way, those ordering dinner could see the live show and those that just want to hang and enjoy the atmoshpere could watch the stage via the monitors in the bar hut.....just a thought....

K
Kalani posted on Mon, Dec 5, 2005 3:43 PM

This is a good idea. Will consider this more.

When we have bands, we get rid of several dining tables and replace with standing room cocktail tables. This helps out slightly with the concerns mentioned.

But I do wish we had a bigger bar... In the future, I will try to do something about this.
Thanks
Scott

Pages: 1 6 replies