Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Birdfeeder

Pages: 1 7 replies

D

i always put in "tiki" when searching a retail site!
look what came up

"Unlike cats, kids sometimes don't have the patience to sit beneath a bird feeder and watch it until a bird comes along. The Tikiman inside this feeder is actually a motion detector that will let kids know remotely when a bird is feeding. Suction cups attach the feeder to the window"

Kmart

i'm putting it on my wishlist!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

...uh, does it play "Quiet Village" when a bird feeds?

what kind of food do tikibirds eat?

Dried pineapple, coconut shavings, rum balls,...

DZ

On 2005-11-20 22:13, spy-tiki wrote:
what kind of food do tikibirds eat?

I'm not entirely sure what they eat, but I understand they have an affinity for Beachbum's Own's, Miehana's, Mai Tai's and fantastic home-brewed beer!

:wink:

(with apologies to TikiBird for 'borrowing' his sig picture...)

I think my bird is getting one of these for Christmas.

E
Erika posted on Mon, Jan 9, 2006 9:40 AM

I got two of these for Christmas (one to use [and have stolen], and one to save for later], and last weekend I finally installed all the batteries in one (you have to put AA batteries in the feeder roof and AAA batteries in the little "tiki man" unit). Bad news on functionality: mine made noise three times and then stopped (which was before I even took it outside and put birdseed in it), and the seed capacity is only about a cup or so.

The noise it makes when the motion detector does go off is a brief not quite musical alert with a not quite drumbeat, and a buzzy voice saying a hard-to-discern "oogadah boogadah."

I still like it, because it's silly.

M

On 2006-01-09 09:40, Erika wrote:
... and a buzzy voice saying a hard-to-discern "oogadah boogadah."

Too bad it doesn't say "Unga Bunga", then post a cartoon on the remote that relates to the type of bird eating.

Pages: 1 7 replies