Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New tiki design II, I hope....

Pages: 1 6 replies

This is a etching I'm going to try to attempt. Wanted to get a pic in case I ruin it. Made of contact paper covered over glass and hand cut. Hope it works this time.

Enjoy,
Thom

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 2:40 PM

That looks cool, from the detail I can make out. Pic is still pretty small.

What r u doing trying to strain the old guys eyes out of their sockets. I feel like I am going to get my Drivers License renewed and i can't read the First like on the eye chart. Just kidding.

I like what I see of it. Can u post a bigger pic when it is done?

On 2005-11-21 07:42, tfisherart wrote:
This is a etching I'm going to try to attempt. Wanted to get a pic in case I ruin it. Made of contact paper covered over glass and hand cut. Hope it works this time.

Enjoy,
Thom http://www.thomsart.com

[ Edited by: tfisherart 2005-11-21 14:34 ]

On 2005-11-21 07:42, tfisherart wrote:
...contact paper covered over glass and hand cut.

Aah.. I get it now. Interesting, I'm sure the contact is easy to cut but very tedious. Welcome to my world!!

Please share some details on the "etching" product & procedure. Oh... and definitely post a finished piece so we can see the result.

Very nicely done. What happens at this point, does it get sandblasted or is it something chemical?

Please don't hold this against me but I used to sell cars.
We had an acid that would etch glass in seconds, I got some from some of my old friends. I really had no Idea what to do the first time I etched something, first I used masking tape a real pain, then figured contact paper would work and it does. Problem is getting an even coat of acid.
Thanks to whomever enlarged the photo.

Pages: 1 6 replies