Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki getaway

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hey Kids
I have just booked my first official tropical Tiki holliday, My girlfriend & I are booked to spend 11 nights in the cook islands ( to say i am excited is a HUGE understatement) early 2006, we have 8 nights on Rarotonga & 3 on aiutaki.
Can anyone give me a few "must do's" while I am there, i would hate to get back & find I had missed something I really should have seen.
cheers
Bob

Congratulations on your upcoming oppurtunity of a life time! :drink:
Please take lots of photos. Looking forward to your stories.

I'm so jealous Bob, the Cook islands are great!
Have you booked a place to stay? Kii Kii Motel is reasonable. If you want luxury, 'Big' Dave at Nikkis Surf shop has a beautiful bungalow with hot tub and everything.
If you want to find a place when you get there avoid a Hostel owned by a guy called Piri "The Coconut King", I made this mistake
Hire a scooter, it's the best way to get around and cheap
There are loads of cool Tikis in Avarua and definately go to the museum, there is also an amazing carved Whaka (Canoe) hidden in the undergrowth on the back island rd between Avarua and The Perfumes of Rarotonga shop.
Go watch the the local carvers
Going to at least one "Island night" is a must
The cross Island hike is good but tough
Snorkelling at Titikaveka (Fruits of Rarotonga)
Drinking with old sea dogs at the RSL or Fishing club

On Aitutaki "The Crusher Bar" is a cool place to eat
If you go on a lagoon cruise, choose the operator with the smaller, faster boats, you will get around the atolls much quicker, see more and get to spend longer at each place.
Snorkelling up by the airport

H
hewey posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 4:30 AM

Hey Bobby - you just rubbing it in! Bastard, Im jealous as hell...

Hopefully it'l inspire you to do some more art and post it on here?

Pages: 1 3 replies