Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

500 mile "race" for pre '73 cars.

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hey Tiki Motorheads, this event sounds like the Mutt's Nuts.

A Free 500 mile "Drive" on public roads...everything from Vintage Lotus' to Vista Cruisers with built in bars in the back...This is the perfect California Foolishness Fest.

I understand the drves thru farm country is nice and pretty in spring (But deceptivly cold) however the partys at night are what is suposed to be fantastic.

Anybody interested in adding a bit of Tiki-Flair to this alreaddy jackassy event? No car rally is complete without a small generator and a few blenders.

Any body interested in jumpin' in?

As I understand it, winners of the event get to the mexican restaurant (finish) before they run out of beer.

http://carnight.org/_wsn/page2.html

Gigantalope, I'll have what you're having! Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to have already happened last April.

SCD in a '64 Cad Coupe de Ville...

I cleverly posted last years web link
I don't know if there is one up yet for 06, but the event will take place on April 6th and 7th.

Show up at 7:00 am at the Rose Bowl for route notes. I should have my '67 Scout working by then...seems like the perfect ride for farm roads.

Ah, here's a link with this years info...sorry

http://www.bench-racing.com/html/no_frills.html

[ Edited by: Gigantalope 2005-11-21 23:26 ]

Calitikifornia Gumball Rally!

Here's some up to date info for this year:

8th Annual No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour
THIS IS THE VINTAGE TOUR WHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR ON PUBLIC ROADS FOR FREE.
A REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT
BIG NEWS DRIVERS WHO COMPLETE THE TOUR WILL BE PAID

When & Where? Meet at 7:00am on Thursday April 6, 2006 at Arroyo Blvd. and Seco St. near the South end of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena

What does it cost? There is no entry fee. Participants are responsible for their own overnight motel arrangements and their own food

Overnight stops? Paso Robles on April 6th & 7th at Black Oak Motor Lodge 805 238 4740. Disorganizers have made no advance arrangements

What do I get? Three days of fun and fellowship with other car crazy people who love their old cars. No T Shirts, No Dash Plaques, No Grill Badges. NEW THIS YEAR All drivers who complete two very simple tasks will be paid.

How do I sign up? You don’t. Just be at the Rose Bowl at 7:00am on Thursday, April 6, 2006. Get a copy of the route instructions and go. We will depart promptly at 7:30am
This is a free event, we have no incentive to wait if you are late

How do I get more information? To join our exclusive mailing list send you email address to [email protected] put NFIBMT Mailing list on the subject line
PLEASE COPY THIS NOTICE AND POST IT WHERE GEARHEADS WILL SEE IT. THERE ARE NO FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
OUR MOTTO: NON CRANIUS INVERTUS RECTUMUS

The California map provided by the Automobile Club of Southern California, includes most of the roads on this tour (some roads are not well marked). If you have an older edition of the Thomas Brothers California Road Atlas, bring it. The current editions do not include many of our back roads, don’t waste your money on it.

Start with a full fuel tank. Gas is available at several locations but there are some long stretches without gas. Keep your tank topped off.

You will need your drivers license, car registration and proof of current insurance to gain access to our all hands meal

Carry a cell phone. If you break down you are on your own. Other participants may stop and offer help, because they are fellow gear heads. However, you are ultimately responsible for your own vehicle.

Pages: 1 4 replies