Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

"Tiki Traffic" (New Painting)

Pages: 1 17 replies

"Tiki Traffic", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 30 cm

If you're interested in a print (or the original) just e-mail me @ [email protected] ...

H
hewey posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 4:27 AM

kinda trippy, but very cool.

You r a machine ... pumping out trippy ideas and creative paintings. I have been trying to come up w/ a whistling tiki .... at least I have a spring board to launch from.

Paint on.

I like everything except for the "R." I just don't get it.

B

Definately looks like an intersection I have visited a few times, Know it well, its down on 9th st.....
It is SO nice to be seeing more of your art again Thorsten. Thanks.

Once again, Outstanding work!

Thorsten your style is truly complimented by your technique. Highly inspirational.

K

T
i LOVE it man...

the "R" is the cars engine speeding towards his fav bar anticipating the tantilizing taste and tigle of his first sip of his first mai tai of the evening...OR it might be the screech of tires as he stops in front of a tiki bar for the very first time wondering what's inside as he stares at the god above him...and of course he goes in and comes out a changed man...

love the grad on the mask man!

thanks for sharing dude! you ROCK!

Thanks all, I really appreciate it!

BTW, wanted to share my new Visiting Card, going to the printers tomorrow...

Aloha Thorsten!!!!!!!!
Bad Intersection Cool Painting,Great stuff my friend,Aloha and keep em coming, Aloha ,Mooney

Thanks!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 7:01 PM

great work thorsten, I realy enjoy your stuff...

Thanks kirby, glad you like it!

T

Seen your stuff about, like it alot.

Really get a feel for the 50's in the colours you use. I like the newer stuff, just a bit tighter without loosing the great paint brush work.

T

Nice work. That guy better let Bamboo Ben out of the trunk though... :)

Absolutely wonderful, and as everyone else, I've passed by this turn a time or two! I just looked through your entire site and one of my favorites has to be "The Discovery" and "Funky Ebony". Keep us informed and updated.

Thanks guys!

MD

I love your work, Cadillac tail fins and taillights, front and rear looks great.
Did any Tikis have earings? I like 'em, may "incorporate" the idea in a carving if'n ya don't mind.
Your work makes me want to listen to Bobby Darin and drink a gin and tonic. Love it.

Thanks, glad you dig the earring idea...

Pages: 1 17 replies