Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

How many TC forum members dos it take to change a light bulb?

Pages: 1 18 replies

How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Technical section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

M

1 Unga Bunga to post a funny picture of a light bulb.

:lol: That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! Mahalo! :lol:

On 2005-11-23 13:40, MachTiki wrote:
1 Unga Bunga to post a funny picture of a light bulb.

Ah come on Mach! I'm not that predictable.

DOH!

Great subliminal list Rodeo!

H
H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2005 3:06 PM

Sheesh, who cares? If I wanted to read about light globes, I would go to http://www.lightglobecentral.com

There I can learn about traditional light globes like candles, and also learn about modern intrepretations like fleuro lights and LEDs.

For those who think I should should lighten up, light globes are a serious global phenomonen. Just try mixing up that Mai Tai in absolute darkness...

M

Humu, that is classic. Please don't merge them.

Humu, it's amazing how rum can flush the memory cells down the toilet. I don't remember any of these theads until I saw them again.
~ Well Unga, that's why we have a "search" feature ~

Damn Rum!

My apologies for not searching for this topic first .

But it did make some people laugh so it was worth it.

More than a set person-number requirement, it seems to require a certain process:

Light bulb burns out. Two threads required to note the demise of yet another brilliant and vital light bulb in the Tiki chain.

Three threads required to discuss what will become of the burned out light bulb, as it is now officially memorabilia.

Two threads bemoaning the lack of support Tiki-philes showed the poor bulb before it burned out.

One thread to note a new light bulb installation is being planned.

One thread to announce the replacement of the light bulb.

Two threads to debate whether or not the new light bulb is worthy of being considered an "authentic Tiki bulb."

Another thread criticizing modern bulbs and pronouncing them "not Tiki enough."

One bitterly contested thread about what really does constitute a true Tiki bulb.

One splinter thread about how any bulb used in any way that is intended as Tiki is still Tiki, God Damn It!

One more thread to note that an agreement to disagree about the bulb's Tiki-ness has been reached.

One thread noting that the new bulb could be worse, but isn't as good as the old bulb.

Several threads saying how the atmosphere under the new bulb is just not as good as the old bulb.

One thread to chase of a newbie who posted about a cool Tiki bulb he/she saw and mistakenly posted about without doing a four year search of previous threads.

One thread to threaten Bong about chasing off newbies. :wink:

A thousand threads ignoring the bulb.

Bulb burns out, leading to two threads announcing the demise of yet another brilliant and vital bulb in the Tiki world...

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I

Three threads, debating which wattage of light bulb is best used when serving premium rums.

Two posts, telling us that light bulbs are on sale at Target.

One thread where someone asks how much she could expect to get by selling the old 'vintage' bulb on ebay

Two posts, wondering if the Shag autographed burnt-out bulb on ebay is authentic.

One thread, where someone wonders if the light bulb in question is the same one used on page 98 of the Book of Tiki.

One post, where Humuhumu says she is moving to the San Francisco area, where she can see better.

Two threads, based on the concept that true lovers of light will live by candlelight or torchlight, and not electric bulbs -- just as the native Polynesians did.

One thread, speculating that perhaps the Polynesians were very capable of finding things to do in the dark, without the need for any light from any source.

Two threads, praising the tactile, versus the visual, appreciation of the hula dance.

One thread, with photos, where one describes the injuries obtained when appreciating hula dances in the dark, caused by reaching for a nearby tiki drink, and accidentally spearing himself with the little paper umbrella.

One thread, describing the foolishness of modern Americans trying to capture the true essence of tiki.

Vern

comming soon! the official reproduction of the original light-bulb. $79.95 + postage. numbered and signed by the artist.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:10 ]

Hey, I got a lightbulb that was in the Kahiki. I thought you might be interested in case it ever shows up on Ebay.

10,000 threads on why Jimmy Buffett is not, nor has ever, been a light bulb.
500 posts asking why hate the Jimmy Buffett light bulb.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:10 ]

1 thread bemoaning the fact that the cool and vintage light bulb has been CHANGED into a Sports Bar!!

Here's a picture of a hot girl with a lightbulb I don't think I've posted before:

T

On 2005-11-28 15:52, dangergirl299 wrote:
1 thread bemoaning the fact that the cool and vintage light bulb has been CHANGED into a Sports Bar!!

Or, even more pointedly, the light bulb in the puffer lamp has been turned into a blinking Bud Light neon sign.

Pages: 1 18 replies