Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Mondo Cane song

Pages: 1 5 replies

I saw a movie about 20 years ago, I thought it was Mondo cane, but it ends up it isn't. The movie had a clip about the Mexican fesival of death, and sang about dancing with the bald headed woman of death. Does this ring a bell with anybody about the movie or the song?

V

Yeah. I never saw it, but I have the soundtrack, by the Italian Ris Ortolani (who also made Cannibal Holocaust).

Isn't every song on that soundtrack a different version of "More?" by Riz Ortolani? I wonder if the song you're thinking about is even on the soundtrack album...

I meant to also say that thet clip you're thinking of actually sounds like it is a scene from Mondo Cane. (Then again I might be thinking of Mondo Cane 2 aka Mondo Pazzo.)

V

A version of the Mondo Cane theme has been made by Martin Denny on his "the versatile Martin Denny" album.
An MP3 can be find on this great french blog :
http://tamtammelodie.blogspot.com/

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I'm starting to believe it was a different movie and it makes me mad. In the movie, there's this balding? guy with bad teeth in a white shirt, the film was grainy on the print I saw. The lighting is bad, and it seems like the guy took a swig off a bottle as he sang. Or maybe it was a cigarette -- like I said it's been 20 years. The song is in Spanish, and the subtitles talked about dancing with the bald headed woman of death. It's a total long shot asking here, but I know for a fact it was a narrated "shockumentary", cuz I saw it back around or after my "Faces of Death" days. Heck, maybe it WAS faces of death, but I thought it as a different series cuz I never remember watching those with my wife. Maybe it was only 10 years ago, but it seems the movie had an old metro-color feel. And by the way, I book marked the TAM TAM & Mélodie blog. I dig free music. Thanks again guys

Pages: 1 5 replies