Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The new Munktiki mug on Ebay...Munktiki records...

Pages: 1 27 replies

I think Letargo is pretty darn cool! What does everyone else think? He seems to have an African-style edge to him...
What do you think #1 is going to go for?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=736962619&rd=1

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows the most Munktiki has ever gotten for one of his mugs on Ebay. I am logically assuming that #1 of each one of his mugs has gone for more than any other number in the limited edition series. I thought it was quite an accomplishment that he got over 60 bucks for #1 of his newest Ebay shot glass...

[ Edited by: TikiManiac on 2002-12-08 11:45 ]

T

I am pretty sure when they did the one of a kind skull tumbler they got a pretty high amount. Those low numbers are always high, you're right. Does #1 matter that much. I am an under-achiever, so I say no. They are all high quality pieces. I am a big Munktiki fan.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-19 16:17 ]

S

It never fails, just when my collection of Munktiki ebay mugs is complete, they come out with a new one.

I'm guessing #1 will bring in over $200. And they deserve every penny of it. I usually get a fairly low number, just cause I'm inpatient. After the first 3-4 the price is usually more in my neighborhood.

J
jtiki posted on Wed, Nov 20, 2002 1:44 PM

I've started watching the prices recently, the highest I saw was an $86 Poison Mug (#13)

[ Edited by: jtiki on 2002-11-20 13:44 ]

S

Well with over 3 days to go "Letargo" is at $81. I'm still sticking with my $200+ final price. Just wait...you'll see.

S

On 2002-11-19 16:15, Turbogod wrote:
Does #1 matter that much. I am an under-achiever, so I say no.

I wonder the same thing. I'm just glad to get one of them...no matter what number it is.

T

Sulltiki,
I feel the same way. I usually get impatient and go for one sooner than I should, but as far numbers go, they don't matter to me. On the lucky side I did get a Chongo, after they sold out, by a seller for less than what they paid when it was originaly up on Ebay. There are a few I'd like, but I can "try" to wait. Plus I just spent my money on that new Squid set, which should arriving any day now. Weeeee new mugs.

Of the Munktiki line, my favorite is Chongo. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to pick one up!

S

Now I feel as if I’m missing out on some Tiki goodness...What new Squid set are you referring to?

The Chongo! I got to get me one of those. I have not even heard of that mug. Where can I see a pic? I looked around on Munktiki.com but didn't see it.
Cheers.
Chongolio

Mar tranquilo hace mal marino.
Tranquil seas make poor sailors
... Mexican proverb

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2002-11-20 21:19 ]

T

Ahhh Mr. Chongo! Chongo is on the Ebay page

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-20 17:05 ]

I was never saying that #1 of any of the Munktiki mugs is better, but my point was that it is probably going to go for more than any number in the rest of the series because some people are willing to pay a ton for the novelty of owning the very first one...
I guess nobody knows what the most Munktiki has ever gotten for an Ebay mug...

T

I think that's what we're all saying. Maybe Stuckie will see this and let us know which was the most. I'm still saying it was that blue skull tumbler they only made one of a couple of months ago. That or those tile plaques they made. I don't think they sold more than two or three of them. As far as the new mug, if we're playing "the price is right", I'll say $135.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-20 18:48 ]

S

On 2002-11-20 15:51, PolynesianPop wrote:
SullTiki, this set:
http://www.squidart.com/freekysetspecial.html

Thanks! Don't know how I missed those.

T

Emailed Paul at Munktiki to get the answer. So here it goes...

"That's cool ! The 3 top prices were of course all #1s . The 3rd highest price was for Gaballini at 202.50 , second highest was El Supremo for 207.50 and the top selling price for a Munktiki tiki mug was Roecello at 214.05. That was fun I'd say .
Take Care ...... Paul"

Well, Looks like we could see over $200

The chongo is pretty cool. Thanks for pointing it out Turbo. Maybe someday I will come across one.

Chongolio

Thanks Turbo for the factual info!

One thing about getting the number one mug is that being a limited edition and only using one mold for the mug the quality of #1 will be the best. Although we do try to keep the same quality through out the edition by spending more time cleaning and detailing the higher number mugs, The detail does fade from the continued use of the mold.
Truthfully I am not totally sure what our highest #1 mug was. I do know it was over 200 bucks though.

later
-stuckie

Hmm, Seems as if I shoulda read through the messages. My pop didnt tell me he had responded. Oh well.

Later
-stuckie

I'm chiming in here with nothing but a shout-out for Munktiki and their awesome mugs. Every time I get a new one it becomes my new favorite! Just got my El Supremo (#26) this morning and all I can say is the pics on their site don't do it justice. It has the most beautiful blue-green glaze. Keep up the great work!

Tiki-bot

"Tiki Lives!"

• Fortune Magazine

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2002-11-21 12:56 ]

Wow, it only went for $153.69. Not too shabby, but I think they were expecting it to enter the top 3 list for the most they ever got for a #1 mug...

T

On 2002-11-21 12:55, Tiki-bot wrote:

I'm chiming in here with nothing but a shout-out for Munktiki and their awesome mugs. Every time I get a new one it becomes my new favorite! Just got my El Supremo (#26) this morning and all I can say is the pics on their site don't do it justice. It has the most beautiful blue-green glaze. Keep up the great work!

I gotta agree with you here Tiki-bot. I also have El Supremo, and it is way cool like the way his eyes stare at you. Every friggin' Munk-mug I get seems to become my absolute fave. I try to find one that I can "showcase" in my collection... and it's very hard to do 'cause each one I get looks the coolest. Even the mugs that I think are "OK" look so much cooler in person than on the web. All I gotta say is that Munktiki sucks for making SO many cool mugs that I can't pick a favorite!

What does everyone think about the wall vase? #1 is on ebay now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2001&item=742351604

T

On 2002-12-05 09:10, TikiManiac wrote:
What does everyone think about the wall vase? #1 is on ebay now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2001&item=742351604

It's hard to see what it really looks like or how big it is. Knowing MT's other goodies, I'm sure it's cooler in person than how it appears on the screen. Wish they had better shots of it posted.

And who is this "[email protected]" who bids on every MT item? A member here?

Yeah, its hard to tell what that wallvase really looks like from that pic but no doubt should be a quality item coming from Munktiki. I'm not sure who the bidder is but I've notice that MT has somewhat of a following. Auctions in the past were won many times by the same bidder for the same item. I'm guessing they are stock-piling the stuff for later sale since the items on eBay are limited editions.

S

I'm not sure about the new Ebay vase, but I bought 2 of the Tiki Vases they have available on their site.

As all of MunkTiki items are...this is a high quality item.

A Poison Mug (#24 of 150) is at $86 with over one day to go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=744598094

I wonder if this will set a record for the most a mug out of the single-digit numbers has gone for...

Pages: 1 27 replies