Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What gets your adrenalin going?

Pages: 1 11 replies

F
foamy posted on Fri, Nov 25, 2005 5:21 AM

A friend of mine sent me this clip and about halfway through it I found myself starting to get a bit of an adrenalin surge. First time I've had that happen from watch'in a little Quicktime movie. The music is bad. Turn it off. So, what makes your blood go?
http://first317.janwil.nl/Mumm30.mpg

man, that would kill me...I'm such a big chicken. As far as rush, I'd have to say mountain biking. You get the thrill of kicking a mountain *ss, but I'm still in control!

F
foamy posted on Sat, Nov 26, 2005 9:33 AM

I'll go with that too. I broke my last frame where the chain-stay meets the hanger (10 year-old frame) and replaced it with a lovely triple butted OX chromoly frame and haven't been "real" mountain biking since. It's sad. It's flat as a fritter where I'm living now.

On 2005-11-25 19:06, CheekyGirl wrote:
I'd have to say mountain biking. You get the thrill of kicking a mountain *ss, but I'm still in control!

I am with you guys on the mountain biking ,but I rarely seem to have control. I prefer to point it downward and to hang on.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-11-26 11:15 ]

Sailing gives me a rush, but racing (as depicted in that video) scares me. Other things that get my adrenaline going:

receiving tattoos (and other forms of consensual pain)
riding rollercoasters
seeing Alfred Hitchcock movies on the big screen
multiple orgasms

[ Edited by: cynfulcynner 2005-11-26 12:04 ]

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 5:54 PM

Im with the mountain biking too! I raced a bit of cross country for a while. Nothing like a sweet flowing piece of singletrack when you just got "the flow" happening. I also love going down edge of the blue mountains. Got up to about 60mph, going the same speed as cars on the expressway. Cool.

I used to sail when I was in scouts as a kid. I used to love having the baot on the edge, with little bits of water pouring in over the side (gunwail, its a nautical term), your butt as far out over the edge as your dare (no harness), watching the water surface to watch the wind. Awesome. Ohyeh, that was in Sydney harbour too, so were looking at the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera house.

Go-karting is a massive rush too. Your butt only inches off the groung as you try to pull a slingshot move out of the slipstream as you try and pull past that guy in front.

Drag racing was cool too. I only posted 19 sec times, but lining up and watching an 11 sec car in front of you is pretty intimidating and scary, esepcially on your first ever pass. Man those cars were loud!

I did a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb too. Man, that is one high bridge! Im also scared of heights...

T

Bungee jump. nothing like it.

Being a racing fan... going to the old Ascot Speedway in Gardena, Ca. or Perris Auto Speedway out by Lake Perris Ca. to see the dirt track sprint car races.

When the feature field is lined up and 24 screaming sprint cars head into turn one on the green flag and throw it sideways...well...adrenalin flows.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 4:10 AM

and then you get hit with the smell of avgas - yeh man I hear ya on that one!

what got me going was that I found out recently that some lucky bastard managed to buy the 5 leeteg velvet paintings that were hanging at the kahiki for a mere.$250 from the outlet store during the big sell-off of kahiki goods!! I guess kahiki never bothered to find out what they may be worth......suckers!!!

T

I did not buy the velvet paintings. But I know the guy who did. I was told they were $100.00 each, plus they were lavisse not leeteg. If they were leeteg I would not have passed them up! But then a lavisse aint shabby.

..shows to go ya, guess i can't belive all i hear...i'll pass the word on to my misinformed friend....

Pages: 1 11 replies