Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

viva las vegas 2006

Pages: 1 39 replies

i know it's a little early for a roll call, but we just made our reservations and bought our wristbands. which TCers are going? it would be great to find a good semi-Tiki spot (i know i can't dream for a real tiki bar anymore!) and have a meet'n'greet!

S

Stace!
Hey, the pre party has been moved to
5-9 pm on Thursday.
I can't wait to see ya!!!
PEa

S

i know some TC's must be going!!!
I think Mattfink is in...
Who else???

I hope to go, just working out the time and money.

P
pdrake posted on Wed, Feb 1, 2006 2:08 PM

huh? wha?

M

On 2006-02-01 14:08, pdrake wrote:
huh? wha?

http://www.vivalasvegas.net/ April 13-16, 2006.

zazz!!! :)

Trying to get ma coupe together for it.

M-F 9to5 PST
(310)973-0779

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-02-01 17:25 ]

M

Me and the missus'll be there.

P
pdrake posted on Wed, Feb 1, 2006 8:14 PM

i'll be there.

S

I'll be there too!

L

nice ride ya got there tiki diablo!!!!

Thanks! Is that you Laura?

The Velours will be there!

We hope to make it to your party this time, sweetpea.

S

wheeeee!
YAY!
VELOURS!!!!!!!!!!!
The party is later this year, 5-9 pm at the Gold Coast!
I hope you'll be there !!!!

[i]On 2005-11-29 07:25, heelgrinder wrote:
it would be great to find a good semi-Tiki spot (i know i can't dream for a real tiki bar anymore!) and have a meet'n'greet!

I like Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay, or the outside bar at Mandalay Bay.

I also like Ava at the Mirage.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10967&forum=2

Here are Mr.Smiley's recommendations:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16026&forum=6

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-02-25 09:33 ]

COOL! i'd love to meet some of the other TCers who are going. i'll definitely be at Pea's Hooch & Smooch -- can't wait to see you, PEEEEAAAAA!!! -- i'm getting married earlier that day, so it'll be our lil reception, too!

maybe we should schedule a time when we can all meet and swallow some mai tais together!

stace

Woo-HOO, Heelgrinder!
Best wishes on your marriage!
What a FUN time/place to start it out, too :) :)
(I won't be there, but I'll think of you that day)
F

thanks, Formikahini!! i hope we can meet one day, since we live pretty close :)

There's a slim chance that I'm going to make it this year. I'm pricing some tickets and if my boss goes for the time off I'll be in time for Stace's wedding! I just can't miss that!

Also, to have a chance to swish my skirt with Sweetpea, how can I resist!

S

Hey Miss Kiliki!
Hope you can make it!
Dang, haven't seen you in ages!~
Skirt swishing will definately be in order!!!
Oh yeah, if anyone is wondering about what a hooch and smooch is, well... check here:
http://www.thedivapinup.com/home.html
and buys some loevely hair flowers while yer at it, or
if ya have myspace, you can go here:
http://www.myspace.com/sweetpea0821
I'm trying to figure out how to get the bar to add
blue curacao or blue food coloring to the pina coladas, so they could be PEAna Coladas, and match my head on the flyer...
hehehehehee

I will be at viva for the first time this year so am looking forward to meeting some TCers in person. If you recognise me from my pic below please come on up and say hello! I have been carving tikis for some time in Australia - you can check out my work under creating tiki.

Looking forward to Thursday 5-9

I'm actually hosting a cocktail party the Friday of Viva. It's for fans of my website http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/. I'd love to have some TC'ers stop by and say hello!

Keep Swinging!
Java

Hey Java!
Dig your site!
I absolutely love the Art Bar!
Almost had the Hooch and Smooch there, but managed
to get the East Lounge of the Gold Coast instead.
I'll try to make it down for your show for a while, but don't wanna miss The Fabulous Harmonaires or the Cordwood Draggers, so ya might see me for a quickie!
If yer in town Thursday, come on by the Hooch and Smooch at the Gold Coast. Love to meet ya!
Pea

On 2006-03-15 10:09, sweetpea wrote:
Hey Java!
Dig your site!
I absolutely love the Art Bar!
Almost had the Hooch and Smooch there, but managed
to get the East Lounge of the Gold Coast instead.
I'll try to make it down for your show for a while, but don't wanna miss The Fabulous Harmonaires or the Cordwood Draggers, so ya might see me for a quickie!
If yer in town Thursday, come on by the Hooch and Smooch at the Gold Coast. Love to meet ya!
Pea

I wont be getting into town until late Thursday night. :( I'm sure I'll bump into you at some point during the weekend. I'll be the guy in the smoking jacket. :wink:

P

heh, i was at the art bar two days ago.

where's this party at? i can't visit your site from work, websense blocks it. i'll be here all week, well, actually i'm already here.

whos' party, mine or Java's?
Mine is Thursday at the Gold coast, 5-9 pm,
and his is at Friday at the The Art Bar, 6 pm
Pea

P

yeah, java's. i'll definitely be at yours sweetpea. might have to take off friday.

On 2006-03-17 11:30, pdrake wrote:
yeah, java's. i'll definitely be at yours sweetpea. might have to take off friday.

Yup...Friday from 6-9pm at the Art Bar. We've got a lot scheduled...

6pm –DJ, meet& greet, raffle tickets go on sale. All raffle proceeds support Exotic World.

7pm – Burlesque Show featuring: Lolita Haze, Blue Angel, Miss Mia Vixen, Bella Beretta, and Kalani Kokonuts!

8pm’ish – Brian Jay & The Rock’in Jesters

9pm – Winning Raffle Tickets announced, Must be present to win

9:15pm – DJ spinning all night long!

I hope to see tons of TC'ers there!

y'all can try this place too.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5929&forum=7&105

M-F 9to5 PST
(310)973-0779

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-03-26 23:32 ]

Does any one have any interest for a tour of the Neon Boneyard?

It is a really cool place that is not open to the public and it is the focal point and birthplace of the new Neon Museum. It is not open to the public, but I was thinking of organizing a tour on Saturday Morning. It is located on Las Vegas Blvd, north of the freeway.

If you love old vintage Vegas stuff, these signs are amazing, beautiful and iconic. It is curated and displayed in a really interesting way...It is a great place to take photos; they always have photo shoots going on....

I am on the board of the museum, and my firm is designing the new museum building and restoring the La Concha motel lobby as it's main gallery. I am very proud to be involved with this project and love to share it's gritty beauty.

Reply or send me a private message so i can guage how many people may show up. Then I'll post the address and specifics!

Inky

Aloha Inky!

I'd LOVE a Neon Graveyard tour! I peek through the fence at Cashman whenever I'm in town. There's something cool about the way it's all laying around at unusual angles. The same fascination that oddly binds Amarillo's Cadillac Ranch and Easter Island's Moai: Objects of popular worship from a bygone era, now mysterious relics, weather worn and sinking into the earth...

I know you already have something specific in the works, but I've often imagined an outdoor xeroscaped Neon Park with illuminated signs arranged randomly at odd angles on the ground, the entrance of which could be La Concha. I believe this would be an interesting museum/paid attraction that would open at sundown. Signs could be swapped out every several months to keep it fresh.

When I took my GF to see Elton (her childhood fave) they lowered tattered neon letters that spelled his name and blinked in succession to the rhythm of Benny & the Jets, the audience freaked!!! Obviously many people appreciate old neon. The stage was littered with a tangle of old neon signs and applause greeted each well timed illumination.

Good luck with your project. I'll be back in Vegas in August.

• HodadHank

Oh yeah, anything I can do to help get the Pioneer cowboy's arm and Glitter Gulch girl's leg moving again?

M

zazz! I am glowing with anticipation!

Okay,

So it is set up...the TC-Viva LV Neon Boneyard tour is on!

We will meet at 1pm on Saturday the 15th at the Neon Boneyard. There is a limit to 20 folks, and so far I have about 8 on reserve based on the PM's I have recieved.

Send me a PM and I will give you the address for the meeting area. They will be having everyone sign a release that photos taken are only for personal use, they have had many problems because it is a completely different set of licenceing issues etc....

Keep in mind it is a not for profit and they are trying to pull together moneys for the preservation and restoration of La Concha. Any donations will be accepted and really appreciated!

Inky

[ Edited by: inkylouise 2006-04-04 16:38 ]

M

p

On 2006-03-30 09:51, inkylouise wrote:
Okay,

So it is set up...the TC-Viva LV Neon Boneyard tour is on!

We will meet at 1pm on Saturday the 15th at the Neon Boneyard. There is a limit to 20 folks, and so far I have about 8 on reserve based on the PM's I have recieved.

Keep in mind it is a not for profit and they are trying to pull together moneys for the preservation and restoration of La Concha. Any donations will be expected and really appreciated!

Inky

YAY!!

S

Inky, do you have yer 20 folks yet?
I may be interested, but I would be a last minute person.
Is that cool, or very uncool?
If you are near 20, give all the spots away, and don't save
me one, but perhaps I could do a lil cel phone action Friday and find out if there is space, and possibly join ya. Appx. how far from the Gold Coast is this great place?
Pea

There are still openings! It would be great if you could come, it really is a rare oppurtunity, and a cool place. Let me know how your schedule is coming along.

Look forward to seeing you again at Viva!

Inky

M

Pea, I would assume you could catch a ride with others coming from the Gold Coast. Basically, the boneyard is near Downtown (Fremont Street Experience)to give you an idea-it is not too far from there!

M

I'll be there...my band the Hi-Q's are playing the main stage on Thursday night at 10pm...hope some of you can make it!!

cheers,

Matty

That sounds great Matty; we'll be there for sure!

Are the mugs available yet to the Vegas-challenged?

Pages: 1 39 replies