Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Fouth Annual Holiday Tiki Giveaway Contest

Pages: 1 14 replies

B

As the holiday season is upon us I present my gift to the TC Ohana.......Guess the title of this B movie and a fabulous (in my opinion) Tiki gift awaits you. But first,the rules:

Only Tcers that have NOT won previously are eligible.
Please do NOT post your answer for others to see here.
PM me with your best guess (no emails please)

And now............the first clue.....

Have fun & Happy Holidays!

B

One more clue......it was shot on the island of Kaui, or as the cast calls it.......Cow-eye.

B

Have had a few good guesses, but no winner yet. This one will probably need a few more clues.
Here you go.......

Some scenes shot at the Coco Palms......

Arrival on the Matson lines........

The big clue.................

Any winners yet?

How can I get a copy of this film?

Jeff

B

We have our winners!

Rodeotiki
Soccetiki
Aaron's Akua
TikiTikiBoom

And the answer is......."no green hell (Kaui?) ever blazed with such White Hot Heat!".........

Jungle Heat

With former Tarzan-Lex Barker and bullet-bra model Mari Blanchard.

Winners please send your address so I can get your Phabulous prizes out.
Anyone wanting a copy of this unreleased gem drop me a PM.
Happy Holidays

On 2005-12-02 16:02, bongofury wrote:

...With former Tarzan-Lex Barker....

...also infamous for...?

(I don't have any giveaways, so I am dishing out this piece of Tiki trash trivia already known to avid readers of the BOT)

..That's RIGHT :o , molesting young Cheryl Crane while going out with her mom Lana Turner, ex-wife of Dad ?!...: Stephen Crane!..proprietor of the Luau and Kon-Tikis!

What a small world!

Cool! I'm one of those people who "never wins anything".

I found this in the NY Times Filmography website (The "Music by Les Baxter" was a dead giveaway):

Jungle Heat
1957 - USA
PLOT DESCRIPTION: Jungle Heat is set in pre-WW2 Hawaii. A group of pro-Japanese fifth columnists infiltrate the islands, intended to demoralize the populace long before the Pearl Harbor attacks. Specializing in sabotage, the spies target the pineapple and sugar plantations, not to mention the big-city industries. American doctor Jim Ransom catches on to what's happening (though it seems to take him forever), and, together with National Guard officer Richard Grey, foils the villains. It is worth noting that the principal villain in Jungle Heat is not Japanese, but an occidental traitor played (or overplayed) by James Westerfield. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Another film with music score by Les Baxter looked pretty interesting.

Tanga-Tika
1953 - USA
"...Essentially a documentary, the film is given a continuity of sorts by concentrating on the romance between Nenu (Adeline Tetahalmuai) and Timi (Paul Meoe). The film's "money scene" is the climactic dance by a bare-breasted native girl, but equally fascinating are a native athletic competition and an island-wide celebration of Bastille Day..."

This one was filmed in Tahiti.

Anyway, thanks for the gift, whatever it is! I'll PM you.

Aaron

UB

Sorry to go off topic Bongo, but another interesting tid bit

M

Arrrgghhh! I never win anything... The man is always keeping me down.

The correct answer was my second choice, or more precisely, the first choice of my other personality (one of them at least). Dagnabbit! I should listen to "Gary, the A/C repairman" and stop listening to "Laheesa, the Hooters waitress". Laheesa told me the answer was 'Voodoo Island', but she spent 3 years in the sixth grade. Stupid Hooters, stupid!

What a small world!

The first ex-Mrs. Midnite once sold some shoes to the Crane daughter. In a bizarre coincidence, I've been prone to dressing-up as Tarzan. Not for any prurient reason, I just like the way I look in a loincloth. Oh, wait, not Tarzan the other one. The smaller, hairier, dude. Although, I do have to shave some body hair to accurately portray a chimp.

Me...Cheetah!
midnite

Wooooohooooo, I got my prize today in the mail. A very nice surprise as opposed to bills and the other crap that I always get.I wont say what it is incase the others havent got thiers.

Mahalo Bongofury.

Got mine too! Thanks Ron!

Thanks for the great prize!!! I've watched it 3 times already!!! Now I'm pumper to get more movies of that genre...Any suggestions? And thanks again!
SoccerTiki

Got mine too! Thankythanky so much ! I love lil surprises in the mail, too!

Sorry for the late reply, was out of town!

I'm glad I could spread a little holiday Aloha. Winners received brochures from the Kahiki and two episodes of the TV series, Adventures In Paradise. The cool thing about these episodes is that Lyle Wheeler (South Pacific, Aloha Jhoe's, etc} was the art director of these, and one of the Tikis was from the set of the 1953 version of Bird Of Pasradise. Mahalo for all that played. I will have to come up with something extra Tiki for next year's 5th (and 50th for the Mai Kai).

Pages: 1 14 replies