Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

What to do on a boring day...

Pages: 1 8 replies

Had a really boring day, it´s cold outside and nothing to do.
So i decided to be creative for half an hour or so.

It started with a bamboo torch and a cord

took it apart:

took off the bottom with a can opener and turned it upsidedown to attatch the cord

Cut the bamboo to make space for the cord

replaced the "can" and put a lamp inside of it

Wired some rope around...

And finally...

W

This is an excellent post for it's step-by-step factor, very useful for those seeking some *How-To-Do-It * type information. It's this sort of post which really adds to the quality content of Tiki Central.

In one of the other threads on this topic (links thoughtfully posted above by Basement Kahuna) RevBambooBen advises using rebar to ream out bamboo. That technique works great. No splitting, no splinters.

B

Hey Tsickboy, you hit the nail on the head with an Excellent way to relieve the boredom of those cold wintry days. Ofcourse I am in the deep, tropical, Sunshining South where we have no need for such relief. However wecould use it on those post hurricane, un-electrified weeks while waiting for our power to be restored.
Thanks.

Thank you all and keep me inspired...

In one of the other threads on this topic (links thoughtfully posted above by Basement Kahuna) RevBambooBen advises using rebar to ream out bamboo. That technique works great. No splitting, no splinters.

a threaded lamp pipe works well too....just insert it into the bamboo pole and tap the end with a hammer..this knocks out a nice opening for your lamp cord to pass through.....when the pipe is through all the knuckles of the bamboo pole, slide your wire through the pipe, remove the pipe and viola!! the wire is now running through the bamboo without having to thread it through each knuckle by hand......

Thanks for the excellent step-by-step, TSB! Nice electric torch.

TG

Yes, nice torch!

Pages: 1 8 replies