Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Better late than never... Lake Tiki and Kahuna's Beach Club and Tiki Bar...

Pages: 1 6 replies

Back in April I did some custom pieces for a new restaurant and bar outside of Milwaukee. Finally, the little slice of the tropics here in the icebox of the country has gotten it's full review from the biggest name in restaurant review here in Wisconsin. 12 lines into the review I was surprised to see mention of my work there... and proud.

"They modeled their restaurant after the old Polynesian places of the 1960s. In the process of looking for authentic decor, they found Dave Hansen, a Shorewood artist who specializes in carving tiki figures. Two of his works (one a statue, the other a fountain) stand in the brightly painted club."

While not your typical deep, dark tiki hangout, the food is excellent, drinks good, and the music and decor tropical with touches of tiki. If you're in the area I recommend stopping in for a meal.

The full review can be found here... http://www.onwisconsin.com/dining/dining.asp?id=3652

My first ever tiki fountain made the paper and online version...

Slowly, but surely tiki is returning to Wisconsin... and I'm doing my best to spread the word!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-02 10:14 ]

HK

Congrats, Dave! You deserve it!

Josh

MD

Congratulations Lake......thats awesome.

L
Loki posted on Fri, Dec 2, 2005 3:58 PM

Super cool...they look outstanding.

You da man...

Excellent! Taking it the good fight to the icy streets of Wisconsin. Good work Lake, take the rest of the day off, scrape the ice off the surfboard and hit the water. :wink:

Chongolio

Way cool, Lake!!

Pages: 1 6 replies