Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Celebrate New Year's with Don Tiki!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just wanted to give our friends and fans a heads up if you're coming to Hawaii for the holidays... Aloha, Fluid Floyd

The Forbidden World of Don Tiki in Waikiki!
New Year's Eve at the Pacific Beach Hotel Grand Ballroom

Swing in the New Year with a tropical journey into exotica! The Forbidden World of Don Tiki will ring in 2006 on Saturday, December 31 in the Grand Ballroom of the Pacific Beach Hotel. This retro extravaganza includes 10 hot musicians, the gorgeous Don Tiki Dancers, elaborate costumes, and quixotic choreography. This show promises to be a ton of fun and your chance to kick back and soak up a little TLC… Tiki Lounge Culture! Be transported to an island paradise where sensual fantasies still exist. Special guests appearing with Don Tiki include Lopaka Colon, Noel Okimoto, Willow Chang, and Sherry Shaoling. After their show, the band transforms into Don Tiki's Inferno for your dancing pleasure.

Champagne, exotic cocktails, and an international dinner buffet are available. Full show including two drinks for only $80. For tickets and information on special packages, please call 921-6137 or visit http://www.pacificbeachhotel.com
Additional info at http://www.dontiki.com

Man, I wish I could go to this. Sounds like a blast!! We are planning a visit to the Islands hopefully later next year though. The torch is still burning!! Yeah Baby!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Dec 4, 2005 8:06 AM

Aloha,
Jeff and I enjoyed a Don Tiki Show at the Hoholulu Theatre a year or two ago. They put on a first rate show, I recommend them highly. If I didn't have plans, I'd swim over. Aloha Floyd, break a leg.
Mahalo,
Al

Lady Velour and I will be at the show, I just booked it. We'll be arriving in Hawaii on Dec 27.

JV

F

On 2005-12-02 12:46, Fluid Floyd wrote:
Just wanted to give our friends and fans a heads up if you're coming to Hawaii for the holidays... Aloha, Fluid Floyd

Promise me that someday you will play somewhere in the midwest... please??

AloooooooHA, Jeff and Al... mahalo for the kind words! Wish you were all here. Finkdaddy et al, we hope to bring our huge tikipalooza of a show to your town one day. It gets cost prohibitive 'cause we have a troupe of about 20 people, so we're seeking sponsorship to get our show on the road. Keep your tikis crossed for us! Last year we played Vegas for 8 days and we did play the super fun but sad closing of the Kahiki in Columbus thanks to Otto of Tiki News. For now, you'll just have to visit Hawaii to catch us live. Alohaderci, Fluid Floyd

Come for the tikis, stay for the Belly Dancer

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/30/features/story01.htmln

From that Star Bulletin article:
"The New year's show, BTW, is likely the start of a potential partnership with the Pacific Beach Hotel for a nightly run."

Fluid Floyd, make sure you let us all know if the partnership comes to fruition...experiencing one of your shows would be a must-do when vactioning in Oahu!

Pages: 1 7 replies