Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Gotta have a BOT!

Pages: 1 8 replies

A

I'm looking for a hard cover copy of the Book of Tiki...have tried a number of sources - but there are few copies available that are in good condition...for a reasonable price.

Do any ohana have suggestions, extra copies they'd like to sell?

Places I've looked: amazon.com, bn.com, ebay, abebooks (the seller on this site, xochis books was a real rip-off - sold me the book, then told me it had already sold the book to someone else. When I went back to look for another copy they had relisted the same book I bought at a higher price...sheesh)

Any help y'all can offer will be HUGELY appreciated!

Mahalo!

amiotiki (p.s. just pm me...)

T

a few came up on bookfinder:

http://www.bookfinder.com/

D

You might want to clarify if that is truly hardcover and not the soft - but not quite paperback - cover that was also used.

D

I just recently bought a BOT (a gift for one of the many poor Book of Tikiless souls out there) from the link I provided. I called and talked to the guy who owns the site he said they were in fact new, unused and harcovered. And I might add he was a heck of a nice guy too! When the book arrived only a few days later it was in fact a brand spanking new, wrapped in shiny plastic, hardcovered BOT.

[ Edited by: dawntiki 2005-12-07 08:18 ]

A

Thanks everybody! I've ordered a book from the link that Dawntiki provided - let's see if it comes through!

Mahalo nui loa!

amiotiki

D

On 2005-12-07 06:14, tikijackalope wrote:
You might want to clarify if that is truly hardcover and not the soft - but not quite paperback - cover that was also used.

I may be mistaken, I often am. But as far as I know there are only 2 kinds of BOT's covers, the hardcover which the front is hard but kinda cushy with a hard covered backside, and then the paperback. Anyone else know of a truely hard covered BOT?

M
A

Yay!! My BOT arrived today, and it is a vision of Tiki Loveliness! It has the padded cover (I guess you could call it a hardcover with a cushy built-in dustjacket), and is in pristine, shrinkwrapped condition (well, it was until I ripped the plastic off to feast my eyes!)

Thanks so much, DawnTiki, for the link!

amiotiki

Pages: 1 8 replies