Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Name that drink

Pages: 1 1 replies

I have just "discovered" a drink that I think kicks ass. I say "discovered" b/c this drink is so tasty and I doubt I am creative enough to have invented it. SOMEBODY had to have made this up before I did.

Anyway, here goes:

1 1/2 oz milk
1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur
1 1/2 oz coconut flavored rum
Combine all ingredients in coconut mug and stir. Serve over ice. Add straw and umbrella to garnish.

I doubt I am the creator of this drink, but as I do not own a copy of the Grog Log (Not so loud, I don't want it to get around that I don't own a copy of the Grog Log!), I don't have any way to double check. Anyone know the name of this drink? In the unlikely event that I HAVE made up this drink, my girlfriend likes the name "Coconut Milk." I was thinking something along the lines of a "White Hawaiian" (since this drink is essentially a White Russian with rum) or perhaps a "Haole" or "Hapa-Haole" or somehting like that.

Trader Rick's girlfriend: "However, the name Coconut milk is by far superior!"

[ Edited by: Trader_Rick on 2002-11-20 22:28 ]

That drink sounds similar to a White Russian. However, instead of Rum, a White Russian has vodka. Sounds like a delicious drink. I'm going to have to whip one up and give it a try!

White Russian
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Coffee liqueur
Light cream

Pour vodka and coffee liqueur over ice cubes in an old-fashioned glass. Fill with light cream and serve.

On the other hand, it's also similar to a:

White Jamaican
1 1/2 oz Malibu rum
3/4 oz Meyers Dark rum
3/4 oz Creme de cacao
4 oz Milk
Ice

Fill a Collins glass with ice and pour in with all ingredients. Speed shake and serve.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-21 08:32 ]

Pages: 1 1 replies