Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Hand Carved Maori Meeting House

Pages: 1 10 replies

I've just listed this great little Maori Whare Runanga, or Meeting House.
I hate to see it go, but I know there's a collector out there who will give it a good home.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7730410982

Thanks for looking!

And I am that collector who wants to give it a good home!

I fell in love with the one at the Field Museum in Chicago, where I spent an entire day after Chicago Exotica this summer. Don't think I'll ever have a full sized one like that, but a dollhouse sized one just might be within my grasp.
Thanks, Tikiwahine!

Formica Dinette

"Zazz captivates felt."

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2005-12-07 07:11 ]

Umm, I'd like to have it too, please. It's just like the one in my book. I wonder if this is going to be a "who's got the better sniping service" battle.

R

my first attempt at buying on ebay will be for this.

I'm so glad to hear people are interested, bid high and bid often!
Any money made will go towards tiki related trips next year!

I thought about setting it up as a little tiki crèche scene for Christmas. Marquesan Joseph, Pèlè Mary, Baby Tangaroa, Moai shepherds etc. It would complement the Grinch I use on my tree rather nicely!

Good luck you guys, it's a really cool little piece!

T

You guys are cracking me, as they say, "up"...start bidding already! I hate all this cloak and dagger, wait til the last minute crap. Funny how everyone says they want it, so I click on the page expecting it to already be out of my price range...but two dollars and change??? I know I won't win it, but I'll at least show some respect!

:)

Haha, thanks Tiki-Bot!
You're the bee's knees :)

This is my first experience selling on e-bay, so I really don't know what to expect.

TD

thats neat.i may go for that myself.,since i've got 5 real life size panels in that style.

..that would make a cool manger for an all tiki nativity scene(are ya listening crazy al?)..if you're into that sort of thing but a tiki baby jesus and some wise men from tonga might be a new spin on a tired idea...

Just a reminder, this auction ends in about seven hours.
Maori Meeting House

Mele Kalikimaka!

Don't worry, it'll go up there...

Pages: 1 10 replies