Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

John Lennon

Pages: 1 3 replies

D

Today December 8, marks the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's passing. What can I possibly say about him that hasn't been said already. I'm a huge fan, and I can't help but wonder what coulda been if he had lived. Unbelievable that it's been this long. Oh and since were all so preoccupied with death anniversaries let me just point out that John Lennon was BORN on October 9, 1940. He would've been 65 years old this year.

On a happier note: one of my favorite Lennonisms was John's response to the "Love means never having to say your sorry" line that came from the movie "Love Story". John's version was: "Love doesn't just mean having to say your sorry...Love means having to say your sorry every five minutes".

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2005-12-08 07:21 ]

V

there's a really good exhibition (unfinished music) about John Lennon's life in Paris right now.
Lots of his instruments collection. really cool.
I was at the opening (starring Yoko)

I was happy to hear John Lennon's music and words of peace and human compassion reiterated on radio and TV reports today on the 25th anniversary of his tragic and untimely death. I was equally happy that I didn't hear the name of the sub-human piece of rubbish that snuffed out this great man's life for no other reason than to validate his pitiful existence mentioned once...AS IT SHOULD BE!

Pages: 1 3 replies