Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Link Wray Portraits

Pages: 1 0 replies

HT

So I'm not sure if this belongs in Tiki Marketplace, or in another section. Please move it if it does. Mahalo!

In memory of the late, great, Link Wray, I will be offering 8x10 c-prints of one of his last performances. For those of you that don't know, a c-print is short from Chromogenic, traditional color prints. That means no digital camera, no printer, traditional darkroom work. No commercial printer, these are limited to no more than 50 prints per image. Edition size will depend on demand. They are all color corrected, hand signed and numbered prints that I will only be offering once. This is your chance to own a portrait of an amazing rock and roll artist. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].

About the artist:
Since the age of 8, I have always had a camera in my hand.

After traveling the world, majoring in architecture, and living in the nation's capitol, I decided I should get my degree in photography.

For 2 years I worked in Washington, DC as a freelance photographer. I've worked for many organizations from the Youth Vote Coalition, to the League of Women Voters, to Senators and State Representatives. I was also fortunate enough to involve myself with the WPA/C; a non-profit arts organization that promoted artists in the DC area as well as the east coast. While there I managed to organize shows, as well as serve as their graphic designer.

I don't limit myself to one type or style of photography. More than anything, my work focuses on creating an alternative reality. I take ideas, concepts, and subjects from the past, and present them as real.

You can see the influence of the early to mid 20th century in my work. From pinups, to horror movies, to automotive design. I am influenced by a time when everything had grace and style.

Pages: 1 0 replies