Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Outta the Cement Pond and into Sam's

Pages: 1 9 replies

My aunt is working at the Sam's Club in Baton Rouge as a product demonstrator, and this is one of her favorite customers:

The still lovely Ellie Mae Clampett, Donna Douglas.

I wrote an insurance policy for a close relative of legendary jazz bassist Charles Mingus yesterday...

but I didn't take his picture as he wasn't the actual Charles Mingus :)

-Z

The other day I was singing songs to the baby, and the only songs I knew all the words to were the Brady Bunch and Beverly Hillbillies theme. He's gonna be so warped!

Mrs. Pineapple,
Just two TV songs? You have to expand your TV theme song database and I'll to do my part and help you out. Here are the lyrics to Gilligan's Island so, at least, the songs will be somewhat tropical/tiki.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost.
The Minnow would be lost.

The ship aground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle, with Gilligan,
the Skipper too. The millionaire, and his wife, a movie star, the professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan's Isle.

(Ending verse)

So this is the tale of our castaways, there here for a long long time.
They'll have to make the best of things, it's an uphill climb.
The first mate and his Skipper too will do their very best,
to make the others comfortable in their tropic island nest.
No phone ,no lights, no motor car, not a single luxury
like Robinson Crusoe it's primitive as can be.
So join us here each week my friends, you're sure to get a smile,
from seven stranded castaways here on Gilligan's Isle!

way cool pj, she still looks pretty fiesty!

john "gomez addams" astin lives somewhere around where i live... i don't know if it's good i've never seen him coz i think i would probably make a fool of myself telling him how cool i think he is :)

it would be a double whammy if he was out with his son sean... gomez addams and one of the goonies!

What if it was John and Sean AND Mackenzie, the requisite "adopt a waif to inject some new blood into a dying series" from Facts of Life?

M

Did she buy a leaf blower or not?

S

She looks great and I am a big Hillbillys fan. Around here, that's the "H" word. But I can use it because I am from the hills.

I have a TIKI HUT cookie jar that plays the song from GILLIGANS ISLAND when you open it.

K

One of my ex-husbands met the lovely Ms. Douglas a few years ago and she was nice enough to sign a photo which he displays proudly in his living room. One of my favorite episodes is when Miss Jane bought Ellie May a bra and she thought it was a double barreled sling shot.

Pages: 1 9 replies