Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shag print "Tryptich" available

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

Aloha Tiki Centralites!

One of the very popular Shag prints, Tryptich, is going to be made available to the general public thru Shag Mart's new consignment page in a few weeks.

I have had this print since new and it has never been matted or framed and has always been stored in the proper environment for fine prints. The print is signed and numbered by Shag. The print is currently at Shag Mart, Shag's official on line store and this should more that attest to its authenticity. Shag's brother, Peit Agle, who directs Shag Mart, can also validate that is print is original.

I am making this print available to anyone on Tiki Central before it is offered to the general public. The price for the print is $ 2300.00 and this is less than one that was sold on Ebay in the last 6 months.

This is a popular print because it was originally three paintings that were shown side by side, each in a different color scheme and showing a different section of a jetliner and the various stages of a travel itinerary.

Tryptich - Departure: Idlewild, Stopover: Borneo, Arrival: Ape City

Please let me know if you have any questions about this print. You can private message me or email me directly at [email protected].

Mahalo,

Tiki Bob

[ Edited by: tikibob 2005-12-08 21:41 ]

This is an amazing work. I saw it at the CaproNason opening last week first hand (listed at $1500) and it is beautiful.

Holy Shnikies!!
I picked up this print about 2 years ago, and I am glad I did. Not only do I love the print, but I am happy to see where the price is going.

Whoever gets it will be quite happy... as will the seller.

Good luck!
-T.J.

F
foamy posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 5:28 AM

Yes, those prints are quite nice. I like the concept of three adjoining works.

"is going to be made available to the general public thru Shag Mart's new consignment page in a few weeks"
They used to have a consignment page before, I was wondering why they took it down. I liked it, at least you know what you're going to pay going in. That, and they had a pretty good selection of his work for sale. I wonder if a consignment page affects ebay sales in any way.

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-12-27 06:01 ]

I don't know if the original painting is in three parts, but the print is done on the same page.
WOW... imagine how cool that would be to have the original painting!!

-T.J.

Pages: 1 4 replies