Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Valley Ho Hotel opening in Scottsdale

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Many of you may have already heard the news that the Valley Ho Hotel, originally opened in 1956, is re-opening on Dec, 20, 2005! Many people in AZ have great memories of this hotel and of the original Trader Vic's.

I know I'll be booking a room there soon, but I may wait until the Trader Vic's opens up in the Spring of '06.

It's a bit on the pricey side, but imagine it as a location for future Tiki Oasis!

Dammit, I gotta get outta Cali. The biz climate sucks here.
I was just watching HGTV, they were showing a house for sale in Scottsdale, beautiful, surrounded by desert, I want it, I love it. I'm moving to AZ. within' 10 years. That's it, I'm done with Cali. I'll start carving saguaro's, lizards and Indians. Any tiki carvers out there?

T

I'll be carving pretty soon! I'm going to pick up some basic carving tools over the holidays. I do a lot of hands-on type crafts & construction, but carving has eluded me so far.

Scottsdale is beautiful, as is most of AZ, but the housing costs have gone through the roof in the Phoenix and Tucson areas lately. Overall, there's a lot of money coming into Scottsdale... they don't call it "Snottsdale" for nothing.

Arizona WOULD make a grand venue for a spring '06 tiki event...especially with the opening of Trader Vic's....

hmmmmmmmm............stay tuned for more details........ :D

:tiki: :drink: :tiki:

Got my invitation to their opening bash on Tuesday...can't wait! I'll fill you in on all the details and let you know how Trader Vic's is coming along! Planning a fun event there in Spring '06...stay tuned for details!

:tiki: :drink: :tiki:

F

Arizona is great- and actually has a rich tiki history.

There's still a few first-gen tikis hiding around in the desert- you just have to know where to look :)

TMF

Speaking of Tiki, AZ, and spring. The Kon Tiki down here in Tucson is planning a spring party sometime in Mar. They may even be bringing in some CA flavor, and surpises. However, I would love some info on traders............

T

Southwest announced special fares to Scottsdale this week, including special rates at the Valley Ho through June. Just in time to book that visit to the new Trader Vic's in the Valley Ho, due to open on May 21st! $180 is a low rate for the Valley Ho - ouch!

http://www.southwest.com/jp/hotfares3.shtml?src=et013106

Special airfares must be booked by midnight Feb 2nd. so hurry!

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-01-31 17:07 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies