Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lucky Tiki Art Show #3: "Tikis and Tinsel!"

Pages: 1 35 replies

Aloha TC'ers!
Join us Sunday, December 18th from 7 PM to Midnight for yet another AWESOME Tiki Art Show at the Lucky Tiki!

Sway and mingle to the intoxicating sounds of DJ LEE (exotica, surf, and so much more!)

Imbibe in Atomikitty's delicious concoctions - she'll keep the drink specials coming all night long!

Featured artists include:

Chongolio - paintings, stickers, decals and 'Kamapua'a, The Hawaiian Pig God: Adventures on Oahu' comic book (as seen in Tiki Magazine)!

Kirby - paintings, prints, tiki pendants and more!

Kevin G (Tacky Tiki) - paintings, necklaces, candles and sacrifice soaps!

Johnny the Pin-striper - paintings, pinstriped purses, mirrors, toolboxes, anything you hand him...

Atomikitty - paintings....

and last but not least, Me -

Tyger Jimmy (Fins & Flames) - I'll have some 'Witco-inspired' carvings, necklaces, a few flamed sailfish & rays and cool wall art replicas. If the Tiki Gods are with us, I'll have one of my new mugs, "Maka l'a" (makaeeyah,-'favorite fish'), which is inspired by a manta ray, one of the most majestic creatures of the sea!

Hope to see you there!

Mahalo, Tyger

P.S. - The Sunday of the Art Show is also Marsha (Vintage Girl's) birthday! She, Charles, and their guests will be at the Tiki celebrating with us. They have a few wacky drink specials they have suggested, so it should be busy and a great time!!!

DZ

Hey, I think we actually will be able to make this one! (for a change!)
See y'all next Sunday!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Dec 10, 2005 4:15 PM

Awsome Z, Is that the "Royal We" ....

my stab at promotion!

Oh dood,
thats sO awesome Suburban P. When the heck did you get a picture like that? Oh, I'm dying over here. Great flyer! And yes, I will be there too. SHould be a fun night like always!
I'll have a new test glazed Fatutu, and possibly a test glazed ShrUnky, as well as a hanging drift wood toucan.

Lucky Tiki Art Show Update!

Sunday, Dec. 18th. 7pm til midnight

WOW!!!! This is shaping up to be a STELLAR show! Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm!

We are proud to showcase the AMAZING ART of:

• Tacky tiki
• Tiger Jimmy
• Kirby
• Chongolio
• Johnny the Pin-striper
• Atomikitty
• AND (just added) Tiki Tony!!!

I've seen some sneak previews of some of the work for the show. . .and let me tell ya folks. . . you are in for a Tikilicious TREAT!

I know it's the season for giving, but I think I may have to buy a few gifts for myself too! : )

Hope to see you all there!

•Thanks for joining us Tony!
•Thanks to Kirby, Suburban Pagan and Tiger Jimmy for getting the word out!
•We are planning a very special drink menu, in honor of Vintage girl's birthday!
•DJ Lee is spelunking in his cavernous archives to bring forth some rare musical gems for your pleasure!
• Dr. Z I hope you can make it! : ) We have missed you so!

Suburban Pagan made this kick-ass flyer. . . .I like it better than the one I did!
Let us all bask in his creativity and beat the drums to call all tiki Centralites to The Lucky Tiki Art Show!
http://www.suburbanpagan.com/tikisntinsel.jpg

COME CELEBRATE WITH US!!!!

Can we get a roll call? . . .

I'm pretty sure that I'll be there too!!!

Here's that awesome flyer. . . .

Three cheers for The Sperm Whale!!! : )

It'll be GREAT to see you!

Thanks a lot Atomikitty! This is going to be a blast and I have realised something! I need to consolidate all of my names (suburban pagan, Tacky Tiki, and Kevin G.) into one neat package! I'm even confusing myself! Oh well, a name for each persona I suppose! :wink: Sunday will be great! Can't wait for your tasty drinks and DJ Lee's amazing taste in tunes!

Kevin G the Tacky Suburban Tiki Pagan

K

hey just call your self...
kevin g the tacky tiki pagan from suburbia...
buy the way that flyer is good stuff, but I like this one as well

See ya all there...

Nice!

Toh-neeee, I'll be there alsooo...wasn't there ANOTHER flyer?

If we can make enough, maybe the whole show will be flyers! Haha! C'mon Atomikitty.......where's yours? And, Bigbro, it will be quite an honor to have you there!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2005-12-13 14:06 ]

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 2:18 PM

pagan, that flyer is the one suzy did. I just posted it. she gets all the credit...

This IS my flyer!

This is Kevin G the Tacky Suburban Tiki Pagan's : )

Well, whichever one inspires, entices and motivates you to come to the show. . .WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!! : )

Thanks Kirby! : )

as Homer would say......"doh!" This is gonna be a good one! I can feel it!

On 2005-12-10 12:47, tyger jymmy wrote:
P.S. - The Sunday of the Art Show is also Marsha (Vintage Girl's) birthday! They have a few wacky drink specials they have suggested, so it should be busy and a great time!!!

Actually, it's Atomic Cocktail's birthday, but I'll be there too, of course! See y'all there!

Cool flyers!! Excellent work me buckos. This will be a hoot, I am looking forward to this little jaunt down south.

Chongolio

On 2005-12-13 21:00, Chongolio wrote:
This will be a hoot, I am looking forward to this little jaunt down south.

Chongolio

Bastard! Everytime I'm up north, you come down south!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

BB-We need to get hooked up with some of them dang 'ol Doppelgangers. There are just to many events popin' off for one freak to enjoy.

Thats what I say,
Chongolio

Bump

Wish I could go...have fun!

The Lucky Tiki Art Show 3! TONIGHT!!!!

Sunday, Dec. 18th. 7pm til midnight

WOW!!!! This is shaping up to be a STELLAR show! Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm!

We are proud to showcase the AMAZING ART of:

• Tiki Tony
• Tacky tiki
• Tiger Jimmy
• Kirby
• Chongolio
• Johnny the Pin-striper
• Atomikitty

I've seen some sneak previews of some of the work for the show. . .and let me tell ya folks. . . you are in for a Tikilicious TREAT!

I know it's the season for giving, but I think I may have to buy a few gifts for myself too! : )

Hope to see you all there!

•Thanks to Kirby, Suburban Pagan and Tiger Jimmy for getting the word out!

•We are planning a very special drink menu, in honor of Atomic Cocktail's birthday!

•DJ Lee is spelunking in his cavernous archives to bring forth some rare musical gems for your auditory pleasure!

Suburban Pagan made this kick-ass flyer. . . .I like it better than the one I did!
Let us beat the drums to call all tiki Centralites to The Lucky Tiki Art Show!

I'm psyched! What are you taling about Atomikitty! Your flyer rips! I love it! And just to let everybody know, I will be selling my "wildly inappropriate Christmas scented Tiki candles" tonight and tonight only! If you thought you knew kitch before, you'll be in for a treat! Perfect for the swank tiki bar for holiday entertaining and a swell conversation starter! See you tonight!

Hey everyone, come on down-the drinks are on you!

DZ

Yes, unfortunately, I WILL be there tonight (most likely flyin' solo) so y'all are gonna be stuck with me for a spell...

Lookin' forward to wishin' Happy B-day to Atomic Cock!

Stelllllllaaaaaaaaa.....

On 2005-12-18 16:34, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

Hey!!! Look who's out of the closet!!!

Come back Atomic. We miss you!!!!

( your job Can't be that bad...... )

DZ

On 2005-12-18 16:34, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

That's fucked up, y'all!

:wink:

I had a great time last night!! It was cool to kick it with Chongolio again I really enjoy your work Randy and I am glad I have some of your prints. Kirby your New Pieces look great!! Tyger Jimmy Excellent stuff I want to get one of those framed Tiki's you have!!! Suburban Pagen I like your Paintings Too!!! Tiki Tony thanks for the Sweet Tiki (he is already under my tree)!! It was a great vibe last night and a great turn out!!!

EEEEeeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaOOOOooooooWWWWWwwwwWWWw

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-12-19 09:19 ]

T

Last nite was my first Sunday night at Lucky Tiki, and it was GREAT! I really enjoyed meeting some of the Tiki Centralites, and seeing some great Art, too. Just one thing...., I thought the DJ was supposed to play music more fitting to the occasion,(Tiki/Ultra Lounge?)Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next time, and hope to meet more TC's.

Whew, what a weekend! Miles of rain, thumpin' surf, awesome art and some quality time with some kick ass folks. Special big and fuzzy mahalo nui loa to Suzy! A social chemist with unparalleled skillz. Suzy is also a FANTASTIC artist who unfortunately was late to get her art displayed because of the large group of heavy drinker that showed up for this show and kept here busy mixin' and pourin' well into the wee hours. Another big thanks to Suzy's coworker, who's name I didn't catch, and DJ Lee for spinin' the wax. More thanks to Kirby, Tiger Jimmy and to Tacky Tiki (the artist formerly known as "Suburban Pagan") for all the work you guys did getting the word out to the peeps and to all the artist who took the time to set up and show off their diverse talents.

Another heavy dose of thanky to everybody who came out and supported the Lucky Tiki and the artist who showed off there goods. I had a killer time and I hope I can be a part of another Lucky Tiki Art show. (Maybe next time we will let Tiki Tony and Alene set up inside.)

Atomickitty - we need to talk about that coconut monkey painting before you post pics of it on T.C. and have everybody clamoring for it. I got dibs! :wink:

S. Whale and W. Rider- Always cool to share laughs with you guys. I look forward to more hi jinx and giggles in the near future. Keep on rockin' that Japanese Pop brah!

DR. & Braddah Z- Always good to hang out with the good Dr. Good luck with the relocation. Very cool to meet your bro too, I hope he enjoys the art. I am really stoked it has found a good home.

Kirby- Thanks for the print trade off. The Lucky Tiki print is a bitchin' reminder of the blast I had doing this show with you and the other artists.

Jonpaul- Thanks for hookin' me up with copies of Tiki Mag and bringin' out and keepin' Big Tiki Dude in da loop. Hopefully we can all catch some surf shows together sometime.

Suburban Pagan.. or whatever your name is :D - Did you get that paint cleaned up yet? Man, I got some ketchup from my hamburger all over my steering wheel and interior of my van while driving home, what a mess. I can't imagine what oil paint would be like.

Sven- I am stoked to have finally met you and enjoyed our short chat. See you around next time I hope I got my BOT for you to sign. Hey there is one for you. GOT BOT? ....Yeah well I guess you probably heard that one already.

Atomic Cocktail- I am bummed I didn't get a chance to meet ya and buy you a B-day beverage. Happy Birthday!

Vintage Girl- Again I am sorry I didn't not get a chance to introduce myself and say aloha. I hope your leg heals up quickly and is better, faster, stronger than before.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
http://www.Lost-Isle.com
http://www.piggod.com

Again with a late reply, But all the review are true, this was a very cool event. And it was good to see so many tiki Peeps out ona Sun. nite, and so close before the Holidays.
Chongolio my Brutha, Very good to see you too. That was an unexpected suprise to see you there. Keep in touch man, we gotta hook up for some surf shows.
Did you go to S.F. for the Recent Pollo Del mar, and others show at the Hotel Utah?

Suzy, Wow, very cool Art, I didn't know you had your hand in that too. Nice stuff,
gotta get some after the Holidays. :)

Kirby, thanks for the Turd Tiki pendant j/k

Good times and Good friends,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

A belated "thank you" to the Lucky Tiki and Suzy for putting together a great night! It was great to see everyone again and I can't wait to do it again!

Pages: 1 35 replies