Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

England's finest

Pages: 1 7 replies

P

What a great night at Trader Vic's London.
Meeting and sharing drinks with Kon-Hemsby and Nina and Cheekytiki and Angie was a real treat.
It was just a layover night but became so much more.

This trip started with a night at the Tiki Ti and ended, over a month later and a circumnavigation of the earth, with Trader Vics London.
It's been a long 5 weeks and I wanted to thank all the Brits for allowing us the pleasure of their company here at the end.

Looking forward to seeing you again in April.

Mile, my cohort on these journeys, says: The good thing about Tiki people is that they are genuinely genuine. They lack the cynicism gene. Which is nice.

What a pleasure meeting Pablus.
How can Hawaiian Eyes sound any better? Easy, hear the man play and sing it live in Trader Vic's!
We had a great night in Trader Vic's, drinking, chatting, drinking, eating, trading stories. Pablus, your new song is perfect, please get it recorded very soon.
Looking forward to your return visit and hopefully some more live singing from the man with the uke.

Great to meet Miles, and he's right, Tiki people are the best!

Mahalo to everyone last night.

Kon-Hemsby and his wahine Hibiscus Honey (aka Nina)

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2005-12-11 11:36 ]

Great to meet you both, sorry we couldn't stay longer.
Hope you had a good trip home, and we look forward to sharing many of our other establishments with you next spring.

This is what makes TC so great. Humu and Hanford, you guys should be so proud when you read a thread like this, you help make the world a little closer. I just think its too cool. Thanks Pablus.

Any body who's ever over this way should get in touch. Speaking for myself and i think most of us, we would always make the best efforts to look after you all if you are here.

On 2005-12-13 09:00, cheekytiki wrote:
Any body who's ever over this way should get in touch. Speaking for myself and i think most of us, we would always make the best efforts to look after you all if you are here.

Goes for me too!

Okay then invitation accepted, Mahalo. Next time I come over to the U.K. I will keep a day open to meet up with you guys. I hope to make it over for a 6 Nations match in the spring. I'd love to check out the Trader Vic's there or even the Samoan Pub made famous in "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". Have you ever thought about doing a tiki rugger mug? Maybe Jason Leonard would model for it.

TV's OK, rough pubs in the East end, I'll give it a miss

Pages: 1 7 replies