Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

How high will it go....

Pages: 1 6 replies

TM
M

How High?

$318

It would go for more but I already gots one. So, the Big Koalaman is saving up for some other righteous dust collectors. That, and I have a few alimony payments.

Bah Humbug,
KM

EDIT: Shenanigans! I call Shenanigans...

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2005-12-11 15:41 ]

T

$319
:)

What about this one that just ended? A Kono Hawaii mug for $142.00? What gives? Is this style particularly unusual? I've seen other Kono Hawaii mugs go for pretty cheap. What makes this one
so darn special?

S

On 2006-02-28 10:04, TikiJosh wrote:
What about this one that just ended? A Kono Hawaii mug for $142.00? What gives? Is this style particularly unusual? I've seen other Kono Hawaii mugs go for pretty cheap. What makes this one
so darn special?

Whoa. I'll take $125 for mine... Who knew?

T

Seriously. What is going on with that? Most Kono Hawaii mugs sell for $20 or so. I'm only interested in one because the restaurant was located in Santa Ana, which is right next door to where I live. I'll keep my eyes open for a style that's going to sell for less than $50.

M

And peanuts on airplanes, what's up with that? I mean, I'm flying I need some peanuts? Seriously folks, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Why a mug goes for "X" and not "much less than X" is a question answered by pay grades above mine. However, let me throw something up.

That particular mug was, I think, indigenous to KONO Hawaii. I cannot recall it being used anywhere else, unlike so many "signature" mugs. It's also a pretty neat design, as tiki mugs go. It has a real post-modern, ultra-primitive, neo-Picasso, look. And, as evident, the KONO has a lot of fans. In conclusion, Colonel Mustard in the billiards room with a wrench.

One can find many other KONO mugs for a lot less, eBay-wise. The traditional Ku design, Mai Tai buckets, coconuts. They can all be had for a fraction of the logo mug.

Myself, I always tried to steer clear of Orange County.
Malibu midnite

Pages: 1 6 replies