Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tis the season to be jolly?

Pages: 1 20 replies

It's not when you've just been told you're getting laid off. Good timing eh, 12 days before Christmas.

Still, I guess it's a good excuse not to buy presents.

Although it's a pretty insignificant setback compared to some of the stories we heard on here this year.

So it's a New Year and (hopefully) a new job.

Now pass me the limes.

It's just not fair.

The very first person to send me any sort of assistance in my time of need was Kon-Hemsby, from all the way across the ocean. He and his wife are good people and don't deserve this kick in the pants.
It just galls me...

Thanks for the kind words PJ. And for the kind offer.
This little blip is nothing compared to what you guys have been through (and continue to go through).

Just imagine what good things must be in store in 2006!

Can you folks reading this believe that PJ emailed me to ask if there was anything SHE could do for ME! How great is this gal!

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2005-12-13 08:58 ]

On 2005-12-13 07:10, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
It's not when you've just been told you're getting laid off. Good timing eh, 12 days before Christmas.

Your boss must be a right Scrooge and a heartless C__T, i hope the spirits of Xmas visit him and kick him a new...I'd start knicking everything not tided down and breaking those things that are.

the lap tops are mine.....................

H

Kon-Hemsby, that's just rotten news. I hope your job search is completed quickly, and that your new position is something better.

H,
thanks the tiki ohana alway fills me with with cheer

On 2005-12-13 14:16, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
tiki ohana alway fills me with with cheer

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:26 ]

pretty shitty. hang in there.

what's your line of work?

Damnit. I was laid off 10 days before Christmas in 2003. It is more than a kick in the pants. Its a crushing blow that still haunts me.

You will find that the "free" things in life take on a much greater meaning during this time. My relationships with fellow TCers were indispensable when I was searching for a new way to support my family.

My thoughts are with you. Heres to staying focused on what you need to accomplish and do your best to stay positive in the face of uncertainty.

That sucks.

Thanks for the positive thoughts.
My line of work? I guess up date I've just stumbled along in the electonics industry buying and selling.
Maybe now's the time to start doing something worthwhile!

M

There is no good time to be laid off, but this is the worst. We know something will come up for you KH. Best of luck with whatever path you may choose for your career at this point in your life. Keep a stif upper lip and know that we're all thinking about you.

P

Whoa Si, what a mess!

However, you've got wit and talent and smarts.
You'll do even better, I'm confident.

Cheers to everyone. I'm seeing it as a fresh start for 2006.

B

Good Luck KonH. Things like this sometimes turn out being greater in the long run. Maybe that perfect job is just around the corner and you wouldn't have found it while working for that other crummy company. Best wishes and heres hoping for the best.

Good news. I've got another job! Nothing exciting but it pays the bills, so I won't have to sell an organ to pay the mortgage this month.
Must have been all the positive thoughts from the tiki ohana.

Cheers

On 2006-01-16 00:24, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Good news. I've got another job! Nothing exciting but it pays the bills, so I won't have to sell an organ to pay the mortgage this month.
Must have been all the positive thoughts from the tiki ohana.

Cheers

Congrats on the new job KH, but i was really looking forward to biddin' on your liver. I was thinkin' it would look pretty good tikified and hanging from my rearview mirror right next to the shrunken head.

Chongolio

i knew you would land on your feet, kon man. cheers! j$

On 2006-01-16 06:27, Chongolio wrote:

Congrats on the new job KH, but i was really looking forward to biddin' on your liver. I was thinkin' it would look pretty good tikified and hanging from my rearview mirror right next to the shrunken head.

Chongolio

Ha ha I reckon my liver probably looks like a shrunken head anyway.

congrats on the new gig.

On 2006-01-16 07:06, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

Ha ha I reckon my liver probably looks like a shrunken head anyway.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Pages: 1 20 replies