Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Quick Night in Las Vegas

Pages: 1 8 replies

Aloha!

We have a spur of the moment super-quick night in Vegas. (I almost posted a Quickie in Vegas, but knew what kind of suggestions I would get then) Dinner is taken care of. Any suggestions places to visit after 10pm?

Mahalo,
Gem

M

What night are you going?

Wednesday

Here is a small list of mainly bars and restaurants;
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16026&forum=6&start=last&10

I recommend trying to hit the revolving Carousel bar upstairs in the childrens game section of Circus Circus! The bar often closes early, so go as early as possible.

Thank You, Mr. Smiley!

I had already copied your list. Is there anything on it that we should skip if we have already eaten? If we are running out of time and can only hit a couple which are the most atmospheric?

The Voodoo Lounge at the Rio is good for atmospheric, although there is a $10 cover to get in. Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay has a $20 cover, and while it has a great atmosphere it tends to also be loud and crowded. Kahunaville at Treasure Island is probably the closest to a tiki bar that you will find there.

TT

This is a no-brainer: The Peppermill. The ONLY hip place left in Vegas.

how was it?

It was great! We went to the Peppermill and it was perfect. We sat in the conversation area near the fire. It was beautiful. I felt like I was in heaven. Directly across the fire was a beautiful bride and her very cool groom and next to them was a barfly couple in their sixties. It was perfect.

We also stopped by the new Winn to visit the Chanel store, the office party that we had been flown in for and to the Bonanza gift shop.

It was a quick trip.

Thank you for all the suggestions!

Gem

Pages: 1 8 replies