Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Merry Christmas from Me & Rusty Key

Pages: 1 7 replies

P

Just before Hukilau, Rusty and I recorded the uke parts to Nani Hanalei.
I left them alone in order to redo them as they weren't quite together enough for my taste.

Now that Rusty is gone, I decided to go ahead and share them as it was our favorite song to play together.
I wish you could have heard us do it together when we were in sync at the Lagoon Lounge. It was magic.

I'm singing both parts since we never got to lay in the vocals, but such as it is - it is still a beautiful song and a gift from Rusty to all of us as he has several solos during this one take recording of it.

Enjoy and remember him fondly.

http://www.mediacentraltampa.com/tiki%20folder/Nani%20Hanalei.mp3

Pablus... simply beautiful!

Welcome home braddah, and mahalo for sharing this tune with us. Nice sounds and memories.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-12-15 18:26 ]

HK

Thnaks for posting that, Pablus. It's sobering to think of Russ not being at your place on Tuesday night....always waiting with a friendly hello and a uke just itching to be played. Damn. Can't wait to see you, bro.

Josh

Thanks Pablus - this tune is so beautiful. Glad you're home and I'm going to make it a point to come and see you soon!

You and Rusty make beautiful music Pablus... love this song.

Mele Kalikiamka brudda... say hello to the tiki for me... hope you are feeding him well!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-16 10:40 ]

On 2005-12-15 11:30, pablus wrote:

it is still a beautiful song and a gift from Rusty to all of us as he has several solos during this one take recording of it.

Enjoy and remember him fondly.

http://www.mediacentraltampa.com/tiki%20folder/Nani%20Hanalei.mp3

Wow, it surely is a beautiful gift....

Aloha Pablus,
A very nice gift for the TC clan and a beautifully played song. Keep your spirits up bro and keep that uke singing.

Mele Kalikimaka.

Chongolio

Pages: 1 7 replies