Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Velvet Wahine by Walker (and other stuff)

Pages: 1 8 replies

finally, a great estate sale. i put my name on the list at 9:30, and returned at 11. there must have been 50 people in line. but i was #12, and i headed straight for the hawaiian shirts, while asking "where's the velvet paintings?" i spied it first, i had them tag it SOLD for me...
giant velvet painting, 27 x 32

it's signed by "Walker" anyone have any info on the artist??

other things i got:
Fantastic Shriner Tiki Shirt, cotton barkcloth

WalMart-ish vest with 30+ shriner pins.. ten bucks!

shriner shirt
pocket detail

pins:

coco joes
the rest of the Shriner & assorted pins can be seen Yahoo Photo Album ~ i'd be happy to trade pins or the coco joes for other stuff.. just let me know!

GREAT finds! Sorry, I don't know anything about your painting, but I gotta ask . . Who are the makers of those shirts?? They're fabulous!

SCORE!!! Love the painting but I as well love some of them shirts!!! Good Job!!!
Later,
Spermy

D

the Fez Shirt is by Ui-Maikai ~ i found 2 on ebay with a buy me now price of 100 bucks (s and m sizes) i think mines a large.

Napili (dollar shirt), iolani, liberty house, the pocket shriner shirt is by lauhala sportswear .

geez, i passed on a few other shirts.. now im thinkin i shouldn't have...

WOW! No knock-offs in that shirt collection! I occasionally find those makers at thrift stores and vintage clothing shops, but NEVER with those kinds of Shriner motifs. Look to be in really nice condition, too.

A

Was that a SHAG painting behind the velvet?

B

'Two Heavy Drinkers' serigraph?

D

On 2005-12-21 06:04, BaronV wrote:
'Two Heavy Drinkers' serigraph?

yep ~ Frame Fetish did the matting/framing on it..

This is TOO COOL for words! Because I was SO impressed with the shirts dogbytes posted, she offered me one!! FREE! All I have to do is post a pic of myself in it!. Thanks to 6 months of hard-fought weight loss, I'm HAPPY to comply! It fits GREAT and looks even better in person! I LOVE it! Elicia, I can't thank you enough! If there's ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2006-06-12 19:58 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies