Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

12/22/05 New discovery about uranus

Pages: 1 14 replies

F
foamy posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 5:24 AM

This is the link to the NASA site, photos and diagrams: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/Uranus_ring.html

If you like rockets and space, NASA has more web "space" than any entity that I know of. Just like space, it goes on forever.

alright, who's gonna make the obvious joke? :P

K

Somebody mentioned this to me yesterday. I thought it WAS a joke.

I found that after being disappointed there was no solstice posts...I love discoveries in space, and Science (Those bronze-age German Discs discovered a few years ago charting the Pliades for example still give me a thrill)

J$...yer standing at the plate looking fastball and here comes a nice slow pumpkin

batta batta batta swing batta! :)

Johnny$ I was told that Uranus radiates very little heat in comparison with other gas giants.
I would imagine life on Uranus would be no picnic...
I heard that Uranus is bluish in color because of all the methane gas surrounding it, making Uranus reflect only blue light.
I wonder how much a person would weigh if they stood on Uranus?

Gigantalope thanks for the update and new findings, one can never know enough about Uranus :)

There J$ feel better? :P

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-12-23 10:27 ]

On 2005-12-23 05:31, Johnny Dollar wrote:

They are tired of all of the silly jokes so the are changing the planets name . . . to Urrectum.

Dawntiki:
It's called the NEBRA disc, and was discovered in 03 in Saxony. The discs theselves are the earliest interpretation of a map of the stars which show movment. The movment of the Pliades (that's the cluster of stars that Subaru uses for a Logo)is depected by them being shown under the symbol of a boat.

The people who made this disc (Or those who we assume made it) were thought to be rather primative, and not too worldly, however the depiction of anything being moved by a boat by a race of people far from the ocean has implications that they had far more influances than people had thought. The fact that they made them (the discs) from Bronze is impressive really.

The discs were thought to be part of a "Stone henge" like calandar structure.

Rant rave...

I'll send you a PM with the More info, I hear snoring.

On 2005-12-23 05:31, Johnny Dollar wrote:

I thought this was about the "bleaching" thing again... :wink:

M

Anal Bleaching????

MTKahuna:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17540&forum=13&10
Happy Christmas and and Bottoms Up

M

... thought this thread was about bong...

K

They are tired of all of the silly jokes so the are changing the planets name . . . to Urrectum.

Futurama?

Pages: 1 14 replies