Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Original Tiki Art

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey new member here just sharing my new website

http://www.daddyomatic.com

New shot glasses just added to website. I'm personally pouring these clear resin shot glasses one at a time.

Just added some new colors of those shot glasses too. Any comments?
Brad

Welcome Daddy-o,
I saw the pics, cool. DIY.
I was wondering, though, you say they are made of resin. I would have concerns about the type of resin. Resins generally are not food safe/safe for consumption. In my line of work i work with many different types. Precautions are required in working with them. Resins generally outgas for quite some time after they have hardened, some never actually stop outgasing. Isocyanates are not something you want to breathe in or be exposed to through direct contact. Also, if the surface is marred or broken down over time, making a porous entrance, the drinker is exposed to the chemicals and fillers.
I went back and forth on whether not to post this, and if you have found or are using a food safe resin or other safe product I apologize for the chemical speach. When i started researching ceramics there were issues i was unfamiliar with, like leaded products, that i am glad i did not make the mistake of using.
Anyways, do not want to come across as TC art cop.
Once again, Welcome to TC and I hope to see more of your creations.
TT
p.s. just looked at the color ones, very nice.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: tikitanked 2006-01-12 17:40 ]

Thanks for the concerns. I did review the technical specifications provided by the manufacturer - Smooth On - Smooth Cast and there is no De-gassing time with this resin. A close friend works with a local company in the mold making/casting industry and he stated this particular plastic is one of the safest and has been cast for other food container type uses before. I don't believe there should be any real concerns unless you pyhsically try to chew on and injest this stuff!

The coloured ones are very pretty

i have used Smooth-Ons products and this particular casting resin;had no idea it was food safe. cool!

Thanks for your orders!

Pages: 1 7 replies