Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

TC appreciation

Pages: 1 8 replies

Aloha all from balmy Seattle, WA (current temp 60 degrees at 9:30 PM),

2005 was the year where this board really came to life for us. We met so many new folks from so many different places and made so many new friends in the Tiki world this year thanks to TC. We were blessed being able to attend Tiki Oasis, the NW Tiki Crawl, the mid-summer impromptu Canadian Tiki adventure, and the mighty Hukilau. We were also able to finally visit the Tiki Ti, Bahooka, and Oceanic Arts where we met Bob and Leroy. It's amazing to show up somewhere away from home, where familiar faces greet you, and many new faces may already know who you are, and feel like instant friends. Our home and Backyard Bali Hai welcomed visits from bigbrotiki, Poly Pop, kickthereverb, Sabina and Oaktiki, Hanford and Humuhumu, Seamus and Jauna, as well as repeat visits from locals such as dogbytes and Todd, The Tiki Rivieras, Monkeyskull, poi polloi and Sophista-tiki. Much fun was also had at local Seattle home bars such as the Rongo Rongo Room, Monkeyskull's Voodoo Lounge, and the Shrunken Head Lounge.

The next year sounds like it's shaping up to be as Tiki event filled as this year has been, plus the Seattle area has a new Trader Vic's opening soon. Let's hope they do it right. We hope to attend as many gatherings as we can and look forward to crossing paths with many of you in 2006.

We are also well aware of the struggles and setbacks of some folks here on TC over the past year. We send our most positive thoughts of hope and strength to all of you.

And last but not least, a major mahalo to Hanford Lemoore and his elves for providing and maintaining this forum that has brought so many of us together.

May 2006 bring everyone out there more time to relax and enjoy your Tiki inspired life.

Mele Kalikikwaanzanakkahfestivusolstice and a Happy New Year!

Selector Lopaka and Puamana

[ Edited by: selector lopaka 2005-12-26 08:34 ]

H

The love I have for you guys is so frickin' massive, it won't fit here. I really can't wait until the day I get to hang out with you guys here in S.F. (maybe we'll succeed in kidnapping you :wink: ). Your xmas mix CD has been in heavy rotation here. Miss you guys, big time. Much, much love.

I agree Lopaka,

2005 was a great year and it is so much fun to meet people at these events. Strong friendships have been made and there is a unique bond that we all share that is truly beyond words. I was so glad to finally meet you guys in person at the Tiki Oasis last year and I am glad our paths met again at the Hukilau. Especially after Mimi and I have been emailing each other for about 2 years now! You guys are great and I hope to visit that Bali Hai bar soon.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 5, 2006 7:39 PM

Woohoo for TC! I dont have any tiki bars round me, so TC is my tiki fix.

M

Lopaka and Puamana are top notch. We always have a good time with you two when we get those rare chances to hang out.

Super high quality folks are par for the course here on TC.

Should we "mo" on over, or should we grant some silence for Izabella.
I really think some silence from this group would be nice.

V
virani posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2006 4:46 AM

I was really happy to meet you at the Hukilau 2005.

C

I concur with the Monkeyman and give two thumbs up for Lopaka and Puamana. One each.
Lookin' forward to seeing ya again this year.

Chongolio

Right on.

Pages: 1 8 replies