Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Simpsons Tiki Mug Sighting

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

Did anyone else see last weeks Simpsons?

Bart's own comic strip "Angry Dad" became an instant internet cartoon classic.

The founder of "BetterThanTV.com" company (complete with soul patch) had an Easter Island Moai style tiki mug sitting on top of his computer monitor. Very cool!

btw, It was right next to a Troll Doll :wink:

W

I'm surprised it toook one of us almost a week to post about the Moai on "The Simpsons"...As pointed out above the Moai was near a troll doll (and one other object I couldn't figure out on my 10 inch screen). The objects were there as cliche wacky computer decor in the "What business plan?" environment of a doomed on line start up. It seemed more of a jab at fans of Tiki than a nod to them.

The Simpsons also have a video game called "Road Rage." In one of the citys you drive in, a mini-golf course has a big yellow moai.

Saw that too! One of several tiki sightings on the Simpsons.

Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki

T

On 2002-05-05 07:52, woofmutt wrote:

It seemed more of a jab at fans of Tiki than a nod to them.

I felt the same way, it was more of a jab.
And my feeling is that getting poked at by the Simpsons in some strange way has made my "habit" feel justified!

I have arrived! :D

Bad Simpsons news. The people who bring us the Simpsons say they got one more season in them then they are calling it quits. They say they are just running out of new ideas for the show. I think this is quite understandable considering how long it's been on and how just incredibly funny it still is after all this time.

Simpsons ending? Did you see the episode a couple weeks ago? In the chalkboard season at the beginning Bart wrote "I will never lie about being cancelled again"

Matt Groening claims he was misquoted about the show coming to an end...

K

Homer Hula dancer singing Tiny Bubbles!? I'm going to get one of those for my bar. Too bad they're outa stock.

JV

in the episode "burns,baby burns" (episode 4F05) the one with Mr burn's son, in the simpsons basement is a big tiki head tiki bar.

ee-ough i think I'm becoming a tiki-trainspotter due to the number of times i've posted tiki sightings

Yeah, I think Bart got that from Mr Burns when he saved Mr Burn's life. Did you see the one where Homer and Bart were out on Bulk Trash night and found a Tiki Totem at a closed restaraunt and Homer tapped into the house's gas line to have his tiki spit fire? They come on twice a day here folks.

M

Seen all them "Simpsons", it has to be the funniest show on TV the last 10 years. Yes, funnier than "Seinfeld"! For the real twisted stuff I like "South Park".

However, I am on a "Sponge Bob" kick now. Not as sophisticated as "Simpsons" but a real treat. Plus, Patrick LIVES in a Maoi head, how cool is that?

Hmmm, I want a Crabby Patty.

midnite

Squidward Lives in the Moai. Patrick lives under a rock. Yes this show has captured my attention as well. My daughter is 1 1/2 and we both enjoy it.

M

"Squidward lives in the Maoi."

Doh!

Patrick is my fave, he should live in the Maoi.

Barnacles!
midnite

There is nothing like kicking back on the couch with my 4 year old knocking back a couple of Kool Aids and watching our favorite cartoon, "SPONGEBOB." I must say that Patrick is my favorite too. Did anyone catch the one where Sandy the squirel was hibernating and Spongebob and Patrick got stuck in her dome. I laughed my ass off when they started removing her fur with duct tape!

T

Did yah see the one were they destroyed Squidward's house so he moved to a squid gated community. Maoi as far as the eyes could see. I also like Patrick the best. You see when he nailed the board to his head and couldn't get in the doorway. Haaa haaa haaa. here is the nick screen saver http://www.nick.com/games/data/spongebob/ss_spongebob/sponge.exe

:sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-07-26 17:48 ]

On 2002-05-15 17:55, johnnievelour wrote:
Homer Hula dancer singing Tiny Bubbles!? I'm going to get one of those for my bar. Too bad they're outa stock.

JV

Hula Homer's are still available at Gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch&foundin=0&keyword=hula+homer. I have one and I think it's great.

[ Edited by: Suburban Hipster on 2002-08-21 10:35 ]

K

Also on Simpsons, in the sisters-in-law's bedroom (Patty & Selma Bouvier-yeah, i watch too much), there's a framed picture of Moais over their bed! It's a version of a classic early photo of many Moais in a row.

Ken

Pages: 1 17 replies