Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Where to purchase- fake leaf float for gardenias ala Trader Vic's scorpion bowl

Pages: 1 8 replies

header says it all, i am looking where to buy them. i have been using the ones from trader vics that you get when you drink a bowl, but i want to get a stack for all my bowls.
Thanks,
TT

M

We're using real leaves at the SF location now- they are supplied by the florist that brings our gardenias. Don't know where to get the plastic ones I'm afraid.

again, check out your local craft store chains...they usually carry all manner of plastic flowers and plants that bored housewives use to decorate all manner of crap to pass the time......

Martiki,
Thanks for the heads up. I have looked online and at Micheals craft stores to no avail. This morning in one of numerous phrasings on a google search I found mention of the silk floats on a florists site, but they are only sold with the flowers.
I currently have a large selection of roses i float in bowl drinks, and am planting gardenias for the same purpose. I will keep searching and contact a florist to try and dig them up, because I imagine that TC members who take pride in mixology and presentation might be interested in where to buy these.
Thanks
TT

O

I called the Emeryville Trader and they were kind enough to share that they get the fake float base from the florist as well. I bipass my local Vic's, Beverly Hills, if I actually want to find out stuff like this. So, simple answer, I am going to hit up some local florists and try to get 20 or so.
TT

D

i couldn't find a fresh gardenia for our batch of Scorpions

the restaurant we went to, does not have a liquor license, so we got a Banquet Permit ($10)so we could serve drinks!

S

I missed this thread the first time around. This is info I was wanting as my Gardenia is about to explode with blooms and I always loved the Rum Giggle with a Gardenia floating in it at TV.

Same here, Swanky! I say... Poo on Plastic! Just get it while the gettin' is good!

Good topic. My local Meijer's supermarket carries edible flowers in the refrigerated section of the produce aisle. All pre packaged with stems removed and cleaned. They have purple orchids, perfect size and color for my Mai Tais. About two dollars a package, eight to a package. Even easier to find than the fake flowers, in my area anyway. Thanks.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2008-07-19 06:55 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies