Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Personalized License Plates

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

M

I was just wondering who on the group had personalized plates on their cars. I know that Mike is sporting the natty "TIKIRUM" on his car. Post if you've got 'em! And post pictures if you can. I've just registered "FGCUTTR" for my new car.

-martin

M

BTW, "TRDRVIC" is still available in California.

Wes from House of TIKI in Costa Mesa has
TIKIBIZ
My plate reads
TIKIFRK
I know, take off the TIKI and you just about got it.
And no it's not furk.
I D I O T S the world is full of
------ I D I O T S--------

T

After going by the "Trustar" non-de-plume for over 25 years and after many many attempts, I finally got my plate for my latest new car. Over the years many folks have asked me if it is Trust-ar", where the name came about and why. Goes back to one of my old passions with the music of Todd Rundgren. One of his earlier albums was called "A Wizard, A True Star". Besides great tunes, the phrase "A True Star" struck a chord with me as a direction in my life... bright, straight and true. Sounds kind of corny to some but it's still a part of myself. More recent note... As a healthcare consultant, I am now working with a company called Star HealthCare Group. Some people think I'm just trying to kiss major ass but I have to tell them the name goes waaaaaay back. Wil try to figure out how to post pics later.

Tiki ciao

T

Mr. Humuhumu and I saw a personalized plate once that read "METARZN" and I said that I didn't understand why someone would want a plate that said "Meta Raisin". Then Mr. Humuhumu pointed out that it more likely was "Me Tarzan". And then I felt silly. Well, sillier than normal.

You guys have got me thinking about a personalized plate. We're restricted to 7 letters up here, so HUMUHUMU won't work. I just looked into it, and in Washington the proceeds from vanity plates go to the Wildlife Diversity Program. I'm such a sucker for that stuff.

S

I must share one a friend of mine saw on a car. ANUSTART

Well, he read ANUS TART and nearly busted a gut, and then realized it must have been A NU START.

My Corvair has IH8UFOS. People ask what it means and I don't know. It's just something to perplex people, including me.

I never had a personalized plate before, but I could not resist when, while fooling around one late night I came to discover that "Tiki Ti" was available. So, I took it! Now i need to decide which car becomes the Tikimobile.

Cheers,

KT

When Oregon offered the new abstract orange background, I thought it was time to personalize. "TIKIS."

I, believe it or not, enjoy a bit of self-depreciating humor. So I chose "HB KOOK". 'HB' for, well, Huntington Beach, and 'kook' which is surf lingo for a lame-ass, outta control surfer. (he he).

'Kook' is fightin' words out in the surf lineup. So if you see my truck at a local break, stay away! Stay very away!

Bong-

You should have done;

NE14AJ?

(I think you have to draw on the ? mark)

The plate on my Saturn says "TIKI T", since everyone at work calls me Tiki Tackett.

My grandfather was "PAPA T"..but that had nothing to do with people starting to call me TIKI T. How funny is that?

Jason "Tiki" Tackett.

KK

Since it takes 3-5 weeks in Georgia just to see if a tag is available, for now I'm settling on a bumper sticker which reads "I brake for MOAIs"

Just put 'em on my car this afternoon:

Pretty sweet, eh?

S
SES posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2004 8:43 PM

On 2004-06-01 20:22, PolynesianPop wrote:
Just put 'em on my car this afternoon:
Pretty sweet, eh?

NICE!
So MUGBRKR wasn't available?
:wink:

In my younger daze, I had "CAJABUZ", with the plate frame that said "I brake for hallucinations". It kept the tailgaters away. I kept one plate when I retired it, "stashed" it away in a box in the garage.

A little off-Tiki, but this thread reminds me of a plate that legends say got past the California DMV's censors:

4NIK8

On 2004-06-01 20:43, susane wrote:
NICE!
So MUGBRKR wasn't available?
:wink:

NOW you tell me! That one would have been cool too.

BTW -- I'm thinking of getting POP YLOP for my truck...

On 2004-06-01 22:38, Biotron2000 wrote:
4NIK8

I heard that the plate number was "IV NIK 8" and it got past the DMV censors, but then the DMV figured out what it meant and recalled it.

There was that legendary "3M 3TI8" plate that was visible in your rearview mirror.... :roll:

On 2004-06-02 11:22, cynfulcynner wrote:

There was that legendary "3M 3TI8" plate that was visible in your rearview mirror.... :roll:

not unlike the "3MTA3" on the tailfin of the airplane on the "license to ill" cover...

I've got Virginia tag "Tiki Mug"

*On 2004-06-02 07:51, PolynesianPop wrote:*BTW -- I'm thinking of getting POP YLOP for my truck...

oh dude - you gotta do it!

i used to have MEGMOBL on my first vintage falcon - It was short for Meg Mobile, but this dislexic guy i dated said, "what do your plates mean? meg goblin?"

4NIK8 IV NIK 8
what does it matter? it's not on the list of naughty words is it?

Since i couldn't get the original black Cal plates back on my old car, i had to go with the personalized...........

[ Edited by: RiderSouth on 2004-06-06 01:44 ]

N
Nai'a posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2004 5:26 PM

too cool. Love your ride RiderSouth.

B
BILLB posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2004 9:09 AM

I just registered my inferno red, PT Cruiser in Ohio as "PTIKI". I got the registration back approved, just waiting on the plates now!

On 2002-11-23 10:37, Humuhumu wrote:
Mr. Humuhumu and I saw a personalized plate once that read "METARZN" and I said that I didn't understand why someone would want a plate that said "Meta Raisin". Then Mr. Humuhumu pointed out that it more likely was "Me Tarzan". And then I felt silly. Well, sillier than normal.

You guys have got me thinking about a personalized plate. We're restricted to 7 letters up here, so HUMUHUMU won't work. I just looked into it, and in Washington the proceeds from vanity plates go to the Wildlife Diversity Program. I'm such a sucker for that stuff.

Hey Humuhumu--
Now that you're down here in SoCal, you're still limited to 7 characters for the license plate, but have you thought of "HUMU X2"? just a suggestion.

"humu x2" would be a great name for a vehicle as well :)

My stepbrother, the surfer, had a mini truck (this was the 80's) with the place
1TUBRID.......we know he meant tube ride but we always loved asking what a tub rid was! :)

I just replaced my license plate on my 63 beetle this week. It used to be lolabug, which is cute, but I thought this one was alot more fitting.

vw

T

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures. Suprisingly (ha ha) nobody had TikiPug on their license plate. Can you belive it?

D

Great license plateDawntiki!
Thanks for the photo. :D

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-09-16 21:59 ]

My neighbor has a license plate that reads DYEHPY with the small space between dye and hpy.

I'm still trying to figure out if they mean Die Hippie or Die Happy.

Unga B I like your version better :)

SON OF MOTHRA wrote:

license plate that reads DYEHPY

Is your neighbor a hairdresser?

I found the Holy Grail of California license plates last week. A late model Cadillac at a retirement community in Carmel Valley. Who else has a vanity plate that say " TIKI " ?! It was an older yellow and blue plate which means it was first registered probably in the late 70's or early 80's. You're able to keep your same plate when you buy a new car so I guess this guy has been hanging onto it for a long time. It was parked in front of an owners address with the name of Robert Wilhelm. Anybody know this guy?

I saw a photo years ago in a magazine of an old blue California plate that read, FAH Q.

UB

On 2006-08-07 13:45, Beachcomber wrote:
I found the Holy Grail of California license plates last week. A late model Cadillac at a retirement community in Carmel Valley. Who else has a vanity plate that say " TIKI " ?! It was an older yellow and blue plate which means it was first registered probably in the late 70's or early 80's. You're able to keep your same plate when you buy a new car so I guess this guy has been hanging onto it for a long time. It was parked in front of an owners address with the name of Robert Wilhelm. Anybody know this guy?

No, nothing happens that big in Monterey. :wink:

Those of you who have met Gecko may have seen his truck plates which read: GECKOZ of course!

Years ago I had my initials and high school grad year on my car. How original! I got pulled over by an insane cop who accused me of speeding. I knew I wasn't speeding because I had just turned right from my parents subdivision to make an immediate right into the community college. And was pulled over in the 100 yards between those roads. The nice police officer then asked me whose car it was, had I stolen it? This with my license and registration in his hot little hand! I told him: "Yes, I only steal cars with my initials on the license plates!" I later found out this guy only pulled over young women, and always made up crap.

Go to this site and make all the pretend license plates you desire: http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

[ Edited by: WenikiTiki 2006-08-08 10:24 ]

Thanks, WenikiTiki! That's a cool site!

• Myke
RG

My PT Cruiser had GRIZROX but I recently traded it in for a Wrangler and have vanilla plates on it.

Best plate ever, this was a state issued plate with an unfortunate combination of letters and numbers to go around the central orange:

On 2006-08-08 09:16, Rev. Griz wrote:
My PT Cruiser had GRIZROX but I recently traded it in for a Wrangler and have vanilla plates on it.

Best plate ever, this was a state issued plate with an unfortunate combination of letters and numbers to go around the central orange:

NO DOUBT Made by prisoners, too funny!

RG

On 2006-08-08 10:27, WenikiTiki wrote:

NO DOUBT Made by prisoners, too funny!

Yeah, no kidding. I didn't think about that, they were probably snickering as that one came off the production line.

M

Inky and I saw Wisconsin plates stating "TIKIBAR" on a car parked outside of a restaurant here in Las Vegas.

8T

V

I just got this one for my PT CRUISER.

I know Tiki King does the euro oval stickers that say "UKE", don't know if anyone makes ones that say "TIKI".

Pages: 1 2 47 replies