Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

goodbye my little angel (a poem to Bella 1-24-06)

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

A

yesterday i lost my baby girl, Izabella, how and why I do not know, all I know is that she is gone from me, from my life and the world. holding her body, so small and lifeless, helpless to undo it, to make it not be. she was only 2. i spoiled her so much, she was my baby, that is what daddy's are supposed to do right. it is nearly 3am here in WI. I cannot sleep for missing her. how can something so little be so huge in your life and when gone cause so much emptiness.

goodby my angel, your daddy misses you, and loves you

Kelly C. Retzlaff

Hanford and Humu I hope you can find it in your hearts to leave this message up. thank you.

[ Edited by: adrift 2006-01-24 05:52 ]

H

Kelly, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that too

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 3:42 AM

Man, I feel really sorry for you. I cant even imagine what that'd be like.

deepest sympathies, man, we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar 2006-01-04 05:22 ]

MR

I am so sorry for your loss. As a father of two I can only hope that you can find some type of peace through such a terrible experience. All my sympathy.

B

We are so sorry, that is just an immeasurable loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family. Duke, Logan and I remember with great pleasure meeting little Bella at the International Tiki Day get-together in 2004. She was just an absolute dear-heart. Our thoughts will be with you as you struggle through this most difficult time. Please try to stay strong, you have other wonderful little ones who need you very much right now.
-Amy

D

Toa ~Please accept my sympathy for the terrible loss of your daughter. You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

elicia

Kelly,Angie & Family,

You have our deepest sympathy on your loss, and are all in our thoughts & prayers. Please try to be strong. Hang On, Hang On

Dave & Coalbe

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2006-01-06 16:32 ]

M

Kelly,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Warmest wishes to your family.

[ Edited by: MachTiki 2006-01-04 16:34 ]

To my brother from another mother....

I am so deeply heartbroken at your loss. I know what a devoted father you are. Please pm or email me if there is anything I can do.

Collin.

Kelly, I'm speechless. I feel inappropriate to ask how this happened to your youngest angel. I'm so sorry. :(

My thoughts are with you and your ohana. Best wishes for you in this time of mourning

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-01-04 10:26 ]

A

Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss. As a mom, losing my child is my greatest fear, and I can't even imagine the pain you and your family are experiencing.

My prayers are for you and your little Izabella to have peace.

Amiotiki

K

Kelly,

All of your Fellow Moai are available should you need anything at all. Just let us know.

Stay strong.

Ahu

V

very sorry to hear that Kelly...be strong

My kids are my life. I cant even imagine....
Find support from your loved ones and friends.

kelly, I'm so hurt for you and your family. let me know if theres anything I can do to help. all our love, jimmy & elise.

T

so sorry for your loss!! with our first one the way, i can't imagine having her around for 2 years and then losing her.....you'll definitely be in our prayers!!

*He was my North, my South, my East and West.
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.*

W.H. Auden

So very, very sorry. Please take care.

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 4:28 PM

:(

Words can't describe. My heart goes out to you.
love & thoughts,
SES

My thoughts are with you and your family. I can't even imagine the horrors you had had to face with this and other recent tragedies. I think you show great courage and hope you will continue to find the strength to get through this devastating time. My deepest sympathies.

T

Kelly,
Our prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time.
Chris and Joanna

[ Edited by: Turbogod 2006-01-04 17:35 ]

S

Kelly, I am devastated for you. I cried when I read your post. Izabella was such a little cutie. Please stay in touch. If there is anything that we could do for you, you only have to let us know.
Love, Elise

My heart-aches reading this post. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

From the entire T.C. 'Ohana we send our prayers.

P
pablus posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 7:35 PM

I'm sorry, Bro.
Sorry for your wife and family.

Hope to see you again sometime and you can show me a picture of her and tell me all about her.

Kelly, from behalf of my family and I, we wish to extend our deepest regrets. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. From one father who has lost his first born daughter to another, I feel your pain.

Check out the Hot Rod Hula Hop
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/events

[ Edited by: Dimethios 2006-01-04 23:01 ]

You are in my prayers.

C

Kelly you guys have been through a lot of loss....we wish peace for you and Angela.
Conga and Eileen

B

Kelly, Soo Sorry to hear that news. I can only imagine what it must be like, never have experienced anything so tragic. May the tiki gods be with you and comfort you until you are well from this terrible loss. My deepest sympathy.

I've read this post three times and I can't think of anything to say that could help, all I can do is sit here & start to tear up. You're actually the third person I know who's lost a child this week. All I can do is worry about my kids & Gran'daughter and cry.

A

To all of you MAHALO.
It means so much to read your support, and know that it helps feel less alone.

I thought you may want to read the obit that was in our paper today.

Again thank you all,
Kelly

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/APC010301/601050541/1007

And again to Hanford thank you for allowing me to share my grief and let those offer comfort to me and my family.

[ Edited by: adrift 2006-01-05 10:42 ]

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

T

Kelley , please let us know when the memorial fund is set up.
I am sure many TC'ers and FOMmers would like to make a donation in memory of Izabella.
Hang in there, kahuna.

I am so sad to hear about your recent loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong!

Jeff and Deb

I

Kelly;

My thoughts and best wishes of support go to you and your family. I was saddened to receive the news of Izabella, especially so early in the year.

Oddly enough, I was in Wisconsin Rapids visiting family this week, and I actually was thinking about you this past Tuesday afternoon - mainly because I was buying hard-to-find rums at the only decent liquor store in town - a place named Kelly's Liquor.

It does seem sad, when there seems so little that we can do. It may not be much, but I can offer to raise a silent toast, with whatever special thoughts a Wisconsin/tiki connection may provide, in the memory of Izabella.

Vern

G

My wife and I are sitting here reading this and nearly in tears. Our hope is that you and your family find some comfort in this outpouring of support and prayers from those on TC. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

T

Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing-but-nothing gets to my crusty old heart like a sweet little girl!! I regret terribly that I never had the privilege of meeting your dear Izabella. I know that grief can be very isolating, somehow. So I'm glad you chose to post and open yourself up to all the sympathy and support here. May it embrace you, and your wife and surviving children as well. My heartfelt sympathy to you, friend, and take care,
tikivixen

A

Aloha and Mahalo to all of you for your words and thoughts. The funeral was last night and we feel completely drained. The burial is on Monday yet.

We finally got the final word from the pathologist that the test they did was positive for R.S.V. Which is a respitory virus. This is the cause of her death, and us being with out her in our lives. It comes down to her having a really bad cold. As a parent who lost their child to this I encourage all parents to make yourseleves aware of R.S.V. If you take your child in for a cold you have to request to have your kids be tested for it. As it was for my Bella it is deadly and it can take your child very quickly.

Again to all of you, MAHALO.

Kelly

My wife Angela has set up a memorial fund, if this is something you wish to be a part of, I know my Angie would be greatly apprecitive.

The Izabella Retzlaff Memorial Fund
1125 E. Calumet St.
Appleton,WI 54915

C

Heartbreaking news, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family Kelly.

Kelly,

You and your family are in our thoughts. Julie and I are truly sad to hear of the news. our deepest sympathies are with you and your family. Sorry for being so short in this message, words fail to how we truly feel about this.

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2006-01-10 10:02 ]

I spoke with Kelly today. He is with out the net right now but wanted everyone to know that he and his family appreciate the kindness and well wishes you have all posted.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-01-10 12:20 ]

Kelly,
Only all the positive harmony to you on this difficult time.

Kelly,
There are no words I can give to ease your pain, for I would gladly give them. I am so sorry that I didn't hear of this sooner, but please know that this news has left me with a sad, sad heart. As a father of three girls, I know the special place Izabella had in your big heart. I wish I could help shoulder some of the pain for ya, big guy. Be strong for your family my friend. I wish you nothing but positive energy during this difficult time. May peace come to you soon.

BD

Kelly and family,
I just came across this post...
you are in our thoughts. I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.
Cass

i am so sorry to read of your terrible loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your ohana. bullet

S

My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your baby.
My prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Kelly and Angie,

My heart breaks with both of yours.
I lost my dad one year ago and I still grieve. He, however, was 82 years old, and parents are supposed to go before their children - not the other way around. I can give no answers as to why Izabella was taken from you so soon, but I'm glad you had those two wonderful years for her to bless your lives.

My dad was a wonderful grandfather and adored little girls. Perhaps he and Izabella are playing together now.

alice b

N

Kelly,

I read your post and it brought tears to my eyes. I'm the father of a 19 month old son and another child is due in July. My heart goes out to you. I can't even express how much my son means to me. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know that your little angel is in heaven.

Nicktiki

Pages: 1 2 53 replies