Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Time! London Trader Vics

Pages: 1 11 replies

Just got back from Trader Vics and it's Time to stop yer moanin' about the drinks being expensive at the London TV's
They now have "Tiki Time" in the Boathouse bar from Monday to Friday 5.00pm till 7.00pm, you get a choice of 10 cocktails for £5.00 each (Peachtree Punch, Tonga Punch, Zombie, TVs Own, Honi Honi, Rangoon Ruby, TVs Sling, Mai Tai, Kamaaina and Bahia) and the Scorpion bowl for 4 only £7.00!
Plus you get complimentary Tidbits handed round, beat that!
See you there again tomorrow

P
pablus posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 3:08 PM

Let's see - 5 pounds - uhhhh... that's 147 dollars right?

Hope to see you there in April.

M

Nah, they're still expensive. With a slightly stronger dollar at $1.75 per Pound Sterling... that's uh, I never was good in addin' and sub.. sub, un-adding.

However!

It is still in the final planning stages, but it appears Dr. midnite, BS JD ESQ BFD, esteemed Reclining Barcalounger Chair professor of Leisure Arts, will be in residence at the London Vic's for several nights this March. He will be available for candid photos, nudge nudge wink wink, and various sundry sessions for personal legal counsel and grooming tips*.

*Any sessions should be booked well in advance as the professor is an ornery cuss. Further, he shall be attending, and hopefully surviving, the Arsenal match the weekend of the 18th at which he will be lecturing the assembled crowd about the ineffective strategy of not using one's hands in a game of football. We're human, damnit, use your hands! God gave us opposable thumbs for something other than violin playing.

They now have "Tiki Time" in the Boathouse bar from Monday to Friday 5.00pm till 7.00pm

I missed that in our trip to London last month. I was even wondering about such a policy given what is available in some US Vic's locations. My assumption was "nah, London would never have a happy hour". Once again, I's wrong. Pricey, but worth it, any visit to London's Vic's (London anything for that matter).

Then again, couple of pounds is a couple of pounds. They add up, and pretty soon I can afford another Navy Grog.

the Professor

My immediate impression of the TV London's menu (when I was there) was that they kept the same figure for drinks/food - they just substituted a pound sign for the dollar sign. TV San Fransisco has the exact same happy hour special for $5. Hmm, London is 5 Pounds. I guess my immediate impression has been confirmed.

T

It's like lots of things, you get what you pay for.

Now we don't have lots of choice for tiki bars here, on our little old island. Lots of pubs and ale houses.

I live about 2 hours from TV London, but manage a hay cart ride into the big smoke a couple of times a year for a zombie or lots.

All they need is some competition, lots more tiki bards needed, especially near my house.

Hey, I'm about 90 minutes from Trader Vic's, but it's well worth the visit. Personally I love it there, yeah the drinks are expensive, but it is a fantastic Trader Vic's and class sometimes comes at a cost!

But I agree, we need more tiki bars in the UK, although luckily I have one 3 feet from my lounge.

On 2006-01-05 01:45, tikiracer wrote:
..... lots more tiki bards needed, especially near my house.

Do you mean, 'To drink Mai Tai's or not to drink Mai Tai's that is the question'?

Personally I would drink them, and Navy Grogs etc etc

T

You won't think I spend my day on email typing stuff...

I don't know, don't know my arm from my elbow sometimes.

Given the choice, I'll always Mai Tai.

Good choice.

See ya at Vic's sometime for a few then.

BTW, great artwork.

T

I'm trying to sort some kid sitting for the do at South London Pacific at the end of this month.

Or will be at London Luau 2 - Revenge of the Zombies [my made up name, not official], for sure.

see you at SLP then.

Luau 2 - sounds good. Wonder when tickets are up for grabs?

On 2006-01-04 13:01, cheekytiki wrote:
Just got back from Trader Vics and it's Time to stop yer moanin' about the drinks being expensive at the London TV's
They now have "Tiki Time" in the Boathouse bar from Monday to Friday 5.00pm till 7.00pm, you get a choice of 10 cocktails for £5.00 each (Peachtree Punch, Tonga Punch, Zombie, TVs Own, Honi Honi, Rangoon Ruby, TVs Sling, Mai Tai, Kamaaina and Bahia) and the Scorpion bowl for 4 only £7.00!
Plus you get complimentary Tidbits handed round, beat that!
See you there again tomorrow

Sorry Cheeky, didn't mean to hijack your post, especially as it's such good news.

Pages: 1 11 replies