Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Diamond Dave says Van Halen reunion 'inevitable'

Pages: 1 10 replies

D

For me, a (Dave era) Van Halen fan from way back this is great news. I hope it happens sooner than later. Whenever it does, it's gonna be huge. If Dave can just keep his big trap shut and not make Eddie feel like he's stealing the spotlight, I think it could happen. Eddie, by the way, is the LAST living guitar hero from the days of the guitar hero. You may have your Zak Wyldes, Steve Vais, Jack Whites, and any other number of Metal and blues/rock based guitarists, but Eddie was the real deal, in a class by himself and the next in line to Hendrix, Clapton, Beck, Page, and the rest of the old schoolers. And yeah, Dave probably won't be jumping spread-eagle from the drum riser like he did 20 years ago...jeez at least I hope he doesn't, he's 50 years old, that'll probably hurt!...but I'm sure those guys can crank it out like they did back in the day. For more on Dave's comments check out:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/01/04/showbuzz/index.html#1

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2006-01-05 16:03 ]

T

I loved the 'we won't be rockers with walkers' quote! :lol:

Too bad his radio show sucks.

-g-

D

Too bad his radio show sucks.

Yeah it is too bad. I tuned in on the first day, and I didn't think it was that bad, but I can see why he's getting all of the negative reviews. It's always kind of reaching when you install a personality that has no track record in radio. Seems like Danny Bonaduce was the only one who had an extended stay with a radio show, but most other celebrities fail at it. In Dave's defense though, everybody is unfairly expecting to be Howard Stern which is ridiculous. If he started doing Stern's routine he'd be getting criticized for ripping him off, so I don't think he can win either way.

M

Uh, weren't they supposed to release their latest album like 3 years ago? I kept hearing it was delayed, then I finally got tired of looking for it.

I'm still waiting for the Twisted Sister reunion

D

On 2006-01-19 17:41, suicide_sam wrote:

Already happened dude. You missed it? Those guys were awesome......NOT!!!!!

On 2006-01-19 17:46, donhonyc wrote:

On 2006-01-19 17:41, suicide_sam wrote:

I thought they were down and done for until I saw Dee Snyder hosting two holiday dinner specials on VH1 Classics. What was up with that?

It happenned in canada. I know cause I almost bought a flight out just to see tehm. They played a couple of special events on teh east coast. Dee Snyder said he wanted to do a full west coast tour but that hasn't happenned yet. Dee said, "There's good news and bad news. The bad news is we look like a bunch of aging transvestites. The good news is we ALWAYS looked like a bunch of aging transvestites.".

It happenned in canada. I know cause I almost bought a flight out just to see tehm.

They opened for Alice Cooper at the Beacon Theater here in New York about two years ago.

FYI: One of the guitarists, Jay Jay French and the drummer wear wigs. I know Dee and the bassist don't. Not sure about the other guitar player. I had to be in the presence of the band at a press conference when they announced their reunion. If you think they're ugly on TV they're even uglier in person, which is fine for a rock band. Rock bands shouldn't always be pretty. However..these guys are an exception in in the butt-ugly department. Not to mention that for whatever reason Dee thinks he is a rock god. Major ego trip. And the bassist, whatever-his-name-is is a total A-hole who would probably eat his young at the drop of hat. I can hear the 'Stay Hungry' jokes on that one already....

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2006-01-22 12:36 ]

On 2006-01-06 17:49, donhonyc wrote:

It's always kind of reaching when you install a personality that has no track record in radio. Seems like Danny Bonaduce was the only one who had an extended stay with a radio show, but most other celebrities fail at it.

Don't forget Steve Jones. He's doing pretty well with his radio show on Indie 103.1. He can give Eddie a run for his money on guitar too, might I add..

Pages: 1 10 replies