Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Unusual Signs from Around the World

Pages: 1 30 replies

I have been collecting photos of funny signs I've seen. Some are fractured english, some just end up looking like something else. My favorite is this one from Thailand. It looks to me like it says "RUN" backwards. Which I find funny, because the 2 weeks I spent in Thailand I never saw anyone stop at a stop sign...

H

Here is one from Australia:

This was in the pond under the sign:

No Worries, Mate, I won't lean over the railing!

B

A nice little town in Austria:

the sign with the children reads:

"please - not so fast!"

A

I don't have the town sign, but of course, to go along with Intercourse, PA, there is the lovely town of "Blue Balls"

Amiotiki

[ Edited by: amiotiki 2006-01-06 07:57 ]

Twatt in Orkney.

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-04 07:33 ]

Condom, France

T

Aloha WenikiTiki! My wife and I are connoisseurs of signs as well! Here's a few we found in France:
The first two are from Disneyland Paris.
Looks like these people really want off this ride:

And this was on a fountain. NOT a drinking fountain. An actual fountain.

This one was in a hallway, possibly in the louvre museum. I thought it was funny how the guy is running, not walking and the flames are right on his heels. Damn, I'm getting outta here.

Last one, from a power/electrical box, reminds me of the ending from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

Now here's a few from Hawaii, more beach oriented, but still funny.
Look at the size of this wave, I mean tsunami:

Another one, somewhat similar, but note the ouch lines radiating from the neck:

The last two have to be viewed together, one for man of war that float on the surface, and the second for jellyfish, which live below the surface. These signs are biologically correct! Amazing.... Note the stinging tentacles wrapped around the swimmer's legs.

Aloha!

My husband sent me a tube of toothpaste from Dubai, I wondered why he'd sent it until I realized it read CRUST instead of CREST.

From Montreal.

This guy's screwed. Even if he survives the icicle, he'll have snow on his car.

On 2006-01-07 02:47, pappythesailor wrote:
From Montreal.

This guy's screwed. Even if he survives the icicle, he'll have snow on his car.

Not to mention that big mo-fo snowflake that's coming down to finish off anything that's left.

B

Is it just me or does that look like a Hearse?

I almost fell over laughing when I saw this sign in the Bangkok Airport! I had that Budwiser commercial in my head, with hundreds of people falling down in a line..

I saw a better sign there about security, it said to "Please divest yourself of metal objects." My husband offered to divest me of my camera if I took a photo of that sign anywhere near all the guards.... Big Baby! They have a lady standing at the security whose job it is to check each and every woman about the bra area, to make sure you aren't hiding anything there. Nothin' says lovin' like getting felt up at the airport!

On 2006-01-06 07:57, amiotiki wrote:
I don't have the town sign, but of course, to go along with Intercourse, PA, there is the lovely town of "Blue Balls"

Amiotiki

Then there's the neighboring towns of Beaver Lick & Big Bone Lick, Ky.

I love this thread. The snowflake in Montreal is definitely one of the funniest I've seen in ages....

If only I could find the photo I took of a sign at Mt. St. Helens! It read:

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 5:14 PM

T

that one ranks up there with:
Caution
May flood during rain

I think there's one of those by my folks. I'll try to take a photo next time I'm there.

Dammit! I can't find the photo I took of a sign inside the Mt. St. Helens visitor center. Here's an approximation:

This photo was of something I couldn't figure out. Your guesses please as to what this is a photo of! (This was in Thailand).

Aside from the 800 coarse, somewhat lewd innuendos?
My only guess would be handblown glass products of one kind or another.

On 2006-01-15 23:38, TikiJosh wrote:
Aside from the 800 coarse, somewhat lewd innuendos?
My only guess would be handblown glass products of one kind or another.

The 800 innuendos were why I took the photo! That is a automatic hand dryer! It was on a walkway from a dock. There were no sinks anywhere near, or even hoses. I can only guess that people dipped their hands in the river then dried them there. I saw no one using it. I went up to it and when I was looking under it to figure it out, it turned on! Too bad we didn't get a photo of that part! I carry hand sanitizer for out trips to places like Thailand, Phillipines and Bali.

TikiJosh Thank You for playing!

T

Super great. I never would have thought about a hand-dryer. Thanks for posting that! I had a good laugh at my own stupidity....

Pages: 1 30 replies