Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

WAITIKI has new drummah and pandologist!

Pages: 1 4 replies

W

Aloha and Okonkulú!

We have news. Lotsa news. Lotsa stuff ahappenin' here in Beantown. We've been booking gigs, radio stuff, working on Mexico preparations, a local show in the winter here, and trying to send out our new press kit to some international and national jazz festivals (send ideas/contacts if you have some!) We're also hoping to possibly bring some exotica over to some tiki events over in some to-be-named southwestern states but we're not sure that's going to happen or not just yet.

but, more on that later - we do want to announce first hand on TC that we have a new drummer!

Bobby Bongo (Robert Schulz) has joined the crew to replace Space Kadet who has decided to return to Hawaii and outer space to pursue other da kine. Info on Bobby Bongo at http://waitiki.com/bob.cfm but suffice to say, his credentials are quite oko and include performances with the Boston Symphony, Boston Pops, and many other ensembles. He is also our official pandologist if you have any questions about that!

More in our next newsletter. Send a warm Okonkulukú to [email protected] if you get a chance (we're working on getting him onto TikiCentral)!

mahalo,
WAITIKI

P
pablus posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2006 4:34 PM

We'll miss SK, but look forward to hearing him strumming and flailing in the audio ether.

Welcome to Bobby Bongo.

We are awaiting another super freaky night of off the charts exotica from Waitiki.

I've told probably 500 people about what a fantastic night we had at the Mai Kai watching you guys get off with the monkey.

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2006 8:55 AM

Um, so are you saying you want to touch my monkey? Or that Mr. Ho likes to play with monkeys? This could be frightening (note to band: caution around Pablus at future Tiki events).

Okonkulukú! hahaha.

UB

On 2006-01-06 16:34, pablus wrote:
I've told probably 500 people about what a fantastic night we had at the Mai Kai watching you guys get off with the monkey.

I was fortunate to witness this great event as well. Can't wait for the 50th!
Oh, and for the record....the (sock) monkey came home with me.
Photo compliments of that Crazy Al Dude!

eats, shoots, and leaves...with the monkey!

Pages: 1 4 replies