Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone have info on a new "TahitianResort" in Vegas

Pages: 1 12 replies

B

I saw part of a commercial offering a free stay at the Tahitian Resort in Las Vegas. It looks like the typical Island get-away I think. I Know I wasn't dreaming, I think.
Anyone?

I drove past it in Vegas. It slightly off the strip on the east side, either tropicana or hacendia....I'm not totally sure, as its not my hood and I'm doing my best to remember at 9:00am...lol

Anyways, the front of the building is cool, but not screech your car over to the side of the road, double park and run in an buy a time-share cool.

I'll be there in a few weeks. Maybe I stagger around until I find it and go look at it again.

I think its a time share deal. They where heavily promoting it on the streets in Vegas. A lot of hand bills and a guy in a Tiki Hut with photos.

W

Sundays there's waffles with the concierge and a wine & cheese party in the lobby...And Wednesday is George Wallace meet & greet night...Yes, truly the South Pacific has come to Las Vegas...

Behold The Bland Exotica That Is Tahiti!

"TAHITI brings a true South Pacific theme to Las Vegas, complete with a thatch Porte Cochere, tropical pool cabanas, tropical landscaping, a putting green and two sand beach swimming pools. With the vast array of amenities you're sure to feel like you're relaxing in the tropics with the excitement of Las Vegas year after year."

B

I guess they must be pushing it pretty hard. They were offering a 2 nites free stay to come and be "Sold" on the place. No Tikis??

No, that one is the Tahiti, which is WAAAYYY off the Strip.

I think the one they were talking about is the TAHITI VILLAGE, which is not built yet, but looks like it will be on the Strip, on the east side, south of the Tropicana. That's right next to the airport, with jets flying right over your timeshare, if you didn't realize it.

The rendering on the website looks nice though, it's a 27 acre complex with multiple buildings, swimming pools, etc.

On 2006-01-09 00:44, KaptainKuku wrote:
No, that one is the Tahiti, which is WAAAYYY off the Strip.

I think the one they were talking about is the TAHITI VILLAGE, which is not built yet, but looks like it will be on the Strip, on the east side, south of the Tropicana. That's right next to the airport, with jets flying right over your timeshare, if you didn't realize it.

The rendering on the website looks nice though, it's a 27 acre complex with multiple buildings, swimming pools, etc.

that existing one is way off strip on tropicana, by rainbow. the new one is related, and although is on las vegas blvd. it is way out by the outlet malls. both are time shares, and I have looked for tikis at the existing one.....not a one in sight.

H

On 2006-01-06 13:22, woofmutt wrote:
Behold The Bland Exotica That Is Tahiti!

LOL!

http://vacationtimesharerentals.com/UploadT/Tahiti-Village-1.jpg

As my friend Rob would say...obviously they're going more "Fantasy Island" than "Gilligan's Island"!

I just wish the Trop would restore it's giant Moai on the corner of Tropicana and LV Blvd and leave the poor caged tigers to Siegfried & Roy.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-01-09 09:55 ]

[i]On 2006-01-09 09:52, hodadhank wrote:

I just wish the Trop would restore it's giant Moai on the corner of Tropicana and LV Blvd and leave the poor caged tigers to Siegfried & Roy.

Me, too.

The moai would provide a dramatic facade, something the Tropicana lacks, and make it stand up to the Luxor and Excaliber. All that is visible now is the driveway and the elevated pedestrian crossing bridge.

Isn't the Tropicana scheduled for demolition?

On 2006-01-09 18:09, christiki295 wrote:

Isn't the Tropicana scheduled for demolition?

Whoa! Really? Bummer.

I stayed there long ago and loved their meandering lagoon style pool with it's waterfalls.
http://www.vegas-online.de/images1/tropicana_23.jpg

Of course it couldn't possibly compare to Wynn or Mandalay Bay nowadays. I seem to remember a cave-like grotto under the largest waterfall containing a swim-up bar. Seats were submerged just beneath the surface of the water. You may have been able to gamble without getting out of the water too, although I can't imaging where I'd have put my winnings!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.