Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tahitian Fish Trap Lamp

Pages: 1 6 replies

Q

Just as a heads-up, I was in Jo-Ann's fabrics with the wife this past weekend and noticed floor lamps that look like those bamboo fish traps you've probably seen at tiki bars. They are at least 3 feet tall with the vertical bamboo slats tied to a black wire frame. Inside of the frame is a tall, cylindrical paper shade with a socket ready for a standard size bulb. The electrical cord also has a foot switch. Although this is designed for sitting on a floor, it could easily be modified as a swag lamp (sweeeet!!). Nice tiki bar accent for sure!!!! The best part is the price. Normally they are 70 bucks, but they are on sale for a little over $40 right now. Good luck and happy tiki hunting!

Quickiki

Thanks for the tip quickiki. Stockton eh?

Welcome to TC from JT Vic of Turlock.

Q

Aloha, JT Vic!
Thanks for the welcome. My sister and newphews live down in your neck of the woods. We're both displaced San Fran natives - moved to the valley 25 years ago and never looked back! This area is very fertile tiki country!!

Quickiki

welcome from sactown, too! bullet

welcome to tiki central! we are the ripon reps (we used to be in stockton).

you mentioned that you have been in stockton for 25 years. did you used to go to the stockton islander?

(now, now friends, you all knew that this question from me was inevitable)

:)

Q

Aloha kingstiedye & tikicleen,
Glad to see other valley brats around here. As for the Islander, I was indeed fortunate enough to hoist a few Mai Tais there before it closed its doors permanently. One of the first friends I had in town when I moved here was a cocktail waitress that worked there part time (luckily for me!). Everytime I drive north on 99 and pass by Pollardville, I get a little choked up when I see what they did to the Islander building (that's just WRONG!).

quickiki, I sent you a PM. Log in to see it.

Pages: 1 6 replies