Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the Shady Dell Tiki Bus

Pages: 1 4 replies

Has anyone out there stayed here?

from the Shady Dell website

THE TIKI BUS
It’s Tiki time…you and two friends can spend a night in this 1947 Airporter bus that has been transformed into a “Polynesian Palace”, complete with your own hand carved outrigger bar. Accommodations include a kitchen, small bathroom, vintage television and phonograph. After a night of Mai Tai’s stagger inside and pay homage to the resident Tiki god.

...I'm dying to stay there and would have a hard time deciding which airstream to pick! :tiki:

T

I stayed there 2 nights a few years ago. We stayed in the Spartan Manor and the Royal Mansion. Both were great. We also got a peek inside the '49 Airstream. They have twice as many trailers now then they did when I went, plus they have the bus and boat now. A hard choice, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I guess it depends on your budget.

Shady Dell has been on my list for many years. Hopefully this or next year. I hear they have vintage mags, linens and other goodies to make your stay as blast from the past as possible.

Dean, I know you have pictures from your stay - I wanna see!

T

On 2006-01-11 15:15, tiki_kiliki wrote:

Dean, I know you have pictures from your stay - I wanna see!

I do, but they're prints so I would have to dig them out and scan them.

They also provide vintage TVs hooked up to VCRs with old movies like "The Long, Long Trailer", and vintage record players with records! It's one of the most realistic time travel experiences you'll ever have!

My husband and I stayed in the Tiki Bus for one night last February and had a blast. The film we watched that night was "Naked Youth." Unfortunately we were too drunk to watch any others! The people who own the Shady Dell are really nice. I highly recommend it and I recommend breakfast at the diner, too.

Pages: 1 4 replies