Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

It's time for the Tiki #100 Raffle!! We Have A Wieeeener!!

Pages: 1 23 replies

CA

AL0oooooooooHA!!!

If you have yet to join the fund-raising race
for Stroke Victims and Stroke Awareness?
Your last chance will be at the Purple Orchid!!
SAT JAN 21st .... drawing around 11:00 ish?
The Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge is located at 221 Richmond Street, El Segundo. (310) 322-5829.

A Night with King Kukulele!!
$1 raffle prizes!! t-shirts! mugs! drinks!!!!

With all your help I've raised over $7000!!!
more then $3000 over what I was asked to raise during my Marathon training!!

When i started my training back in August, I also started work on my 100th tiki.....
and Yes, it's finally time to Raffle off Tiki#100!!
Tiki#100 Found Here:

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_100.html

I've given a raffle ticket with every $10 donation to ASA.....
However you still have a chance to get a real Crazy AL Special!
with all the manic detail!!
FOR $10!!!!!!!!!
Tickets will be available the night of the 21st.

if you want the tax man to know about your donation you can still give with easy online fund-raising here:
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=103258&supId=90495245
I'll make sure your tickets get in the raffle

more TC info on the marathon here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16137&forum=4&25

Thanks for all your support!
STAY TIKI !!
C'AL

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-01-16 22:09 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-01-22 18:01 ]

WooHooo! What day? What time??

CA

OOOOOps... what the??? check out edit

CA

looks like this should be a fun night.... any one who wants to ad to the $1 raffle ticket prize bin.... let me know!! maybe we can sell 1000 tickets so the tote board says $8000!!!
weeeeeeeeee ha!

not that many out there are Howard Stern satellite listeners, but one of his wack'pack was hit very hard with a massive stroke/heart attach in his mid 30's and in critical care....leaving a wife and kids and BeetleJuice (his client) very worried....
stoke can hit hard with out warning........

I just want to shout out my support for what Al is doing. My mother died of a stroke in 1983. This is a worthy cause and to make the event even better, we are going to give away Purple Orchid mugs and t-shirts throughout the event. We are also going to serve some of the drinks from the Tiki Central drink contest. If you have a recipe you would like to have that night, post it here or send me an email [email protected].

On 2006-01-15 22:52, Wersmo Derinc wrote:

we are going to give away Purple Orchid mugs and t-shirts throughout the event. We are also going to serve some of the drinks from the Tiki Central drink contest.

Wow! Will the new, eagerly anticipated, Purple Orchid mug be on-veiled - or will that be another glorious evening?

My dearest Dad had a massive stroke a few years back. He was misdiagnosed at the emergency room of one the hospital with one of the major stroke centers in So Cal and sent home. Two days later, he had a second massive stroke. I'm lucky. He is still with me and doing great.

Al, I put a dime in your jar. Good luck on the run! I'm so glad that you're out there doing the good things and wish you the best of luck.

Oh, kleenex and philanthropy aside, don't forget to put my tickets in the raffle. That tiki would be a great gift for my Pop! Gracias!

T

Well I can't make it to El Segundo unless you move it a little bit closer say about 3000 miles or so? Sounds like a wonderful night and a great cause. Wish I could be there as I would really love an opportunity to win/buy a Purple Orchid Mug. So everyone enjoy the evening but please don't forget us sad & cold Tiki lovers out in the Great White North. Hope you go over the top with the donations C'Al!!! I dropped mine off for you, as I know every little bit helps!!!

Tikisgrl

OH YeaH!!! Laura and I will be there FO SHO!!!!

I wanted to go real bad but I have to dig out a gas line under my tropical plants and will be too tierd.

Soooooo. Everyone pinch C'Al and Kings ass, for me. ( Real Harrrrrd!!!)

Till next time...

For other raffle prizes, I will bring Sam Gambino's "The Orbit Room" and "Twilight in Hawaii."

http://www.samgambino.com/lg%20tiki%20paintings/Orbit.html

DZ

I'll be there and I'll bring one of these bad boys to add to the raffle...

(these guys still sell in the hundred'$$ on eBay, doncha know... Buy them raffle tickets, folks - one could be yours for a dollar!! :wink: )

CA

what will the total be!! what will be the number carved into Tiki#100 tomorrow night?????????

thanks for donations to the $1 raffle! more welcome!

Bump! We plan to be there tonight!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Jan 21, 2006 2:38 PM

bump... me Tooooooo... Ill bring sumtin to raffle also.. mabey a chief print....what time does it start....

CA

starts at bar time.....when you get there!
King is on some time after 10:00
tickets on sale before that....
see ya tonight!!!!!!

T

I'm so bummed I'm going to miss it. I really wanted to go too. But I have to go to a hockey game (Booooooring). Drink some mai tais for me!

On my way to the PO.....Should be a fun evening!!!

I just wanted to thank Crazy Al, King Kukelele, Dave and Rebecca for showing us such a great time at the Purple Orchid last night. It was fun to see everybody again too!! Mitch from "APE" won Tiki #100 from what I understand he bought a butt-load of tickets though!!! BTW Tiki #100 looks freakin cool in person!!! Al your carvings kick some serious butt! Soccer Tiki was the big Weiner in the dollar raffle catagory. I also have to mention I was a big weinner too!!! My winnings include a Crazy Al mug, APE key-chain, Ape shotglass, and a womens Purple Orchid T-shirt for my beautiful wife!!! Mahalo again everybody we had a good time!!
Later,
Spermy

It's all good.

A fabulous evening, inspired by Crazy Al's philanthropy. It did have a good vibe.

I'm glad to hear it was a great evening.
I had a choice of 7 different shows/bands/events to chose from.
Sometimes it's tuff livin' in So. Cal. with all the different
stuff goin' on. Oh and the weathergot down to a chilly 45 last night brrrrr!! yeah Life's tuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CA

We Have A Wiener!! after many last minute ticket buys there was much excitement in the air...
A double blind raffle drawing found us the lucky Tiki Taker!
First a drawing from the $1 raffle bin picked a participant puller.... TC's own Hakalugi!! Hakalugi stepped up to put his hand into the mass of orange anticipated tickets.... aaannd....

Mitch Tobias! from San Francisco and my band APE gets CrazyALTiki #100!!!
sure to get some grief... I'm just lucky one of my many family members didn't win...
Good news for me, as I hate to depart from my tikis. I'm sure to see Tiki#100 again and again.

The Big News is I Broke the $8000 mark!!!! Yesssss!
Thanks so much to the Tiki Community for making this possible and helping the Am. Stroke Ass. with their research and support for stroke victims.

Thanks to the Kiiiiiiiiiiing!!!
Thanks to the Purple Orchid for another great event and donating so many mugs a T-shirts for the cause...... All who also donated items, thanks so very much for giving folks an oppertunity to take home something very spacial.... there where plenty of Oooooo's when Dr. Z's gift came up for the drawing.

Scoccer Tiki proves it pays to buy lots of tickets!

can't believe this thing is finaly over....... or is it?

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-01-22 18:20 ]

WooHoooo! It looks like Soccer Tiki had another Christmas :)

Cooooool!

Sounds like a fantasticle night of Tiki Enchantment for a beautiful cause!!

....now how bout the American Cancer Society?!?

Pages: 1 23 replies