Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Freddie Freelance in Chicago, first 2 weeks of Feb.

Pages: 1 7 replies

OK, I'm going to be in Chicago from Feb 4th through Feb 14th (the 3rd & 15th are our tavel dates), and I'm wondering who's going to be in town, and where & when people might want to get together before opening a thread in Events. Canoe Club would be the easiest for me to get to, but the Bamboo Room & Tiki Terrace are also possibly doable, and I'd love to go to the Hala Kahiki.

C
c10 posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 4:38 PM

We (the Windy City Islanders) are playing at Tiki Terrace Feb. 3rd, can you make it there (not too far from O'Hare if that's where you're coming from).

Craig

On 2006-01-12 16:38, c10 wrote:
We (the Windy City Islanders) are playing at Tiki Terrace Feb. 3rd, can you make it there (not too far from O'Hare if that's where you're coming from).

Craig

Augh! No, we're flying into Midway, arriving a little after Midnight (making it the morning of the 4th). :(

T

Will you have a car? Here for work or play?

We can definitely arrange a night - or two given the length of your visit - to check out some of the spots.

The curent must sees are: Hala Kahiki, followed by Chef Shangri-La and Tiki Terrace. Canoe Club is worth a peek but not mandatory.
Bamboo Room is quite skippable.

I recently revisited Tong's Tiki Hut after not being there for quite some time, and found it to be more worthwhile than I remembered, sort of a "Chef Shanri-La Jr". And don't forget Club Paradise Club...

Also, the Rendez'vous in Kenosha, WI is only 45 mins drive from Chicago and is good fun.

We'll make sure you get your fix!

A car is possible. We're in town for a wedding in Kankakee and we'll be stuck down there for most of the time.

I lived down there for several years and never got up to visit the Hala Kahiki, and Tiki Terrace wasn't opened yet, so those are my priorities.

My wife has an aunt who lives near Schaumburg so we might be going up there, and I believe the Tiki Terrace is up there? I mentioned the Canoe Club 'cause one of my wife's sisters lives near there, but although it'll probably be easy to get there it isn't my first choice.

B
Bete posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 4:51 PM

I can get to Tiki Terrace or Hala Kahiki.

B
Bete posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 10:33 AM

freddiefreelance,
How was your trip?

On 2006-02-14 10:33, Bete wrote:
freddiefreelance,
How was your trip?

Hectic! in 10 days I: Flew into Midway, picked up my Mother-in-Law's car in Chicago Ridge, drove to Joliet, drove to the Quad Cities, Iowa (stopping at the Aku-Tiki Room), stayed one day in Iowa, drove back to Joliet, drove to Schaumburg, visited my wife's Aunt, visited the Tiki Terrace, had dinner with my Godfather, drove back to Joliet, drove to O'Hare to pick up In-Laws, dropped my Sister- & Brother-in-Law in Chicago Ridge, visited with my youngest Great-Nephew, drove to Kankakee, caught a lift back to Joliet, back to Kankakee for a wedding, back to Joliet, back to Kankakee to pick up my Mother-in-Law, drove to Louisville, Ky, stopped in Indianapolis, In, to visit Brother- & Sister-in-Law, back to Kankakee, and finally back to Midway and flew back to San Diego.

Unfortunately I couldn't make plans 'cause I didn't have Internet access the whole time I was in town and wasn't sure about having a car until I saw it parked in my Sister-in-Law's driveway.

Pages: 1 7 replies