Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tahitian Lanai ceramic goblet -1/13 pics were posted

Pages: 1 5 replies

did a search, not a lot comes up for the Lanai...
I picked up two Tahitian Lanai ceramic goblets at a local thrift shop about 6 months ago.
Does anyone know what they they were used to serve? They seem to small for a bar to use to serve wine, but maybe port or an after dinner apertif.
Does anyone have a Tahitian Lanai menu they could scan with a pic of the goblet. This will probably answer question !
Does anyone else have the mug and any other ceramic or paper goods from there? I know Gecko had one of the velvets.
Thanks,
TT

[ Edited by: tikitanked 2006-01-13 15:25 ]

]

[ Edited by: Phillip Roberts 2012-08-04 18:55 ]

P

Here's a few things :

Goblet:

( I think there's also another version without the tikis on the bottom )

Mug w/ handle:

Newspaper ad:

Mai Tai Party photo from a '72 brochure:

Thanks for that info, fil/ ! I didn't know about the pineapple mugs & coconut logo mugs.

Thank you both for the replies. I was going to post a picture of the goblet, but thank you for taking care of that. I am surprised that it was used to serve a cocktail being that it can not hold more than 8oz. My next mission is to find out exactly what the flaming drink is that they served.
I am sorry but i no longer have the other goblet to trade. I kept one for my collection and one went to beachbum Berry's. Actually, he is the perfect person to ask, will see what he says on the matter.
Thanks again,
TT

How tall is that goblet? Is it hollow to the bottom or is it joined in the middle and hollow up till it joins ?

We've got a couple of place-mats. The TL was a cooooool place. (Almost as cool as the little bar down the street at the Circle Hotel. The smallest bar in Waikiki.)

Pages: 1 5 replies