Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Cheese-Paté Pineapple

Pages: 1 5 replies

A friend who shares my exquisite taste sent me this cookbook:

I'm going to make this pineapple cheese ball the next time I'm invited to (or throw) a cocktail party. Here's the recipe:

Cheese-Paté Pineapple

2 pkg (3-oz size) cream cheese
2/3 cup prepared mustard
2 1/2 lb natural sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 jar (2 oz) small pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
1 fresh green pineapple frond

1. In large bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese and mustard: beat, at medium speed, until well blended.

2. At low speed, gradually beat in grated cheese, to combine well.

3. Turn mixture onto wooden board. With hands, knead until smooth and pliable.

4. Refrigerate cheese mixture until chilled and able to be molded - about 45 minutes.

5. With hands, roll mixture into a cylinder. Place cylinder flat on cookie sheet; underside will be back of "pineapple."

6. Mold into pineapple shape, about 5 1/2 inches long, 15 inches around at widest part, 10 1/2 inches at narrowest part.

7. cut olives crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Carefully place olive slices on cheese in straight horizontal rows, arranging them so vertical rows run on diagonal (see photograph).

8. Using a wooden pick make diagonal lines, 1/8 inch deep, between rows of olive slices.

9. Cover with saran. Refrigerate, still on cookie sheet, until serving time (overnight, if desired).

10. To serve: With broad spatula, carefully remove cheese-pineapple from cookie sheet to serving platter, standing it upright on broadest end. (Flat side becomes the back of the pineapple.)

11. Place pineapple frond on top. Surround with small crackers, for spreading. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving.

Makes enough to spread 180 crackers.

I thrilled at the sight of the olives, I fell in love when I realized it was cheese, and it became my everything forever when I saw the Wheat Thins tastefully arranged around the base. Bravo.

hmmm... made even better if we substituted Velveeta instead of Cheddar!

Hi!

What web site can you suggest wherein they offer raw milk, biodynamic cheese, all-natural pastured chickens, turkeys, eggs, steak and Dutch cheese, jerky beef sticks that are farmstead-made from grass-fed cows, meat and grass fed poultry? I need your help.. please?.. :)

On 2006-01-20 02:22, nickiemae wrote:
Hi!

What web site can you suggest wherein they offer raw milk, biodynamic cheese, all-natural pastured chickens, turkeys, eggs, steak and Dutch cheese, jerky beef sticks that are farmstead-made from grass-fed cows, meat and grass fed poultry? I need your help.. please?.. :)

uhhhh, we're serving processed cheese with wheat thins here...

Seriously??

B

Meat fed Poultry?!?

Pages: 1 5 replies