Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

looking for original tiki art for sale

Pages: 1 27 replies

just wanna tug on your coat about something....i've seen many artists work on different threads and some of which I would be interested in purchasing, however, for my schedule, it's sometimes time consuming to keep up with every artists latest offerings for sale. i was wondering if starting a thread or catagory in which artists can post new work up for sale to t.c.'ers.....not to be used for posting work already sold...there are other threads for that, but a place where we can check in to see what's available before it goes off to a gallery or show (cause we know the galleries charge 100% on top of what the artist wants, so I would rather pay an artist directly and save money, not that I want to screw over galleries but hey, we're not made of money here and most of us have budgets so why give it to galleries if we can avoid it.)I have purchased work from sam gambino, flounder, doug horne and others, but many times I see work of artists too late....by then it's sold or gone off to a gallery....any thoughts?? oh yeah, I'm still looking for art so if anyone has something of late, please post here for us to see....

thanks!!

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2006-01-13 14:27 ]

one more thing...this thread would not be used for a play by play of the art being created...just finished work. other threads seem to cover the play by play just fine.....

T

I like this idea a lot. I'm not sure how much response it will generate. There aren't that many artist that produce a lot of tiki art and show in galleries at the same time. I think that that some artist are faithful in the galleries and the galleries give them a living record of there work and exposer that take them to higher levels.

Kirby is the only guy I think that would work. We all know who he is and know about his paintings.

T

I wasn't even thinking about carves, thats a different story.

I like this idea like a tiki garage sale. Maybe listed in the Marketplace forum.

On 2006-01-13 13:44, AlohaStation wrote:
I like this idea like a tiki garage sale. Maybe listed in the Marketplace forum.

In market place is a good idea as there are many who do not ever look in the creating forum. The thread could have no comments just pics of art that is available and prices. Then if a piece is sold the seller could place the word sold at the top or remove the pics.

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 3:32 PM

Hey good Idea, Anything to help me sell my stuff is good. Im in... Thank for the plug teaky....
p.s. If your gonna start a thread like this make sure to tell people to add the links to the paypal or ebay or whatever and then make sure to edit the post to say sold or remove the link when sold so it doesnt confuse people... also we can call the thread Tikibay... just a thought..

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-13 15:36 ]

B

Sounds like a good idea for a new thread, or at least a sub-thread. I would need to carve a few pieces without posting them in the creating forum. A Benzart Surprize.

Heya kids, not to rain on your parade, cause me likes the idea of a "for sale" thread, but I've had gerat success in creating new topics and posting items for sale in the marketplace. By creating your own thread, the buyer knows exactly which artist has something for sale, rather than just a reply to a post that someone else started. The other idea, is that artists could simply create their own individual threads and update them when they have something for sale. Do the creating tiki thread for showing off finished work or the how to's, then a marketplace thread to sell them.

Tips - you just talking about paintings or carvings too?

.cool!! it seems your all catching my drift....i like the idea of "tikibay" and having artists place a "sold" over items after they sell.......can we move the thread as suggested to the marketplace and change my original title to something that would be more appropriate for it??

Tips - you just talking about paintings or carvings too?

I'm talking all of it!! -paintings, carvings, necklaces, pens, lamps, jewelry, -basically the hand made art type of stuff...nothing manufactured, as that's what the market place is for....The reason I started this thread was precisely so that it was clear what items were for sale as opposed to having to check up on every artists individual thread....it saves time and cuts to the heart of it.....how-to's or progress reports on a piece can be part of the artists individual thread if you want to know more about a piece or the artist...tikibay is strictly for acsessing finished work......if you want to buy an artists piece, then you p.m. them, and if it hasen't sold, work out the arrangements with the artist off the thread......

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 6:00 PM

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 6:09 PM

hey tipsy you should probly just start a new thread with all the terms and just call it tikibay every body will get the drift, but i think it should go in the marketplace, and we can all spread the word over here for artists that dont know about it.

hey jim, every body should still use there own thraed over in the marketplace, this thread will just be a quik referance of sorts for people who are on the go...

Sounds cool. When is this going down??

KK

Aloha!
Good mana'o bruddah! count me in too! As soon as it starts to go down, ill be there I hope along with all the other great artists & carvers on TC!

Malama Pono!

K

Ill go open a new thread over in the market place, if you have sumthing new to sell feel free to post..

K
kirby posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 1:07 PM

tIKIBAY IS UP AND RUNNING GO AND POST ON IT...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17960&forum=12&0

..thanks for taking the reins...I was going to set up the thread per your request but ya beat me to it....looks good though.....hopefully folks will remember to share their praise/critisim on the individual artists threads and not tikibay.....

I've Got me a website that WON'T let me sell stuff directly. But this place (my house) is getting crowded with my carvings etc. All sizes. I'm working on small necklace Tikis too!
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/hellotikitiki

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-01-14 18:01 ]

great stuff hello tiki, reminds me alot of the old kahiki restaurant here in columbus.

J
john posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 7:12 PM

My glass pieces are always for sale as well as custom pieces made to order
-john :)

H

Sounds cool. I gotta sell some of my stuff

Sounds like a great idea, I have a tiki glass etching I would like to post but can't get a good pic due to reflections.
Any help welcomed,

On 2006-01-14 18:00, HelloTiki wrote:
I've Got me a website that WON'T let me sell stuff directly. But this place (my house) is getting crowded with my carvings etc. All sizes. I'm working on small necklace Tikis too!
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/hellotikitiki

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-01-14 18:01 ]

hi- you need to repost your link under the new tikibay thread where it will continue to be seen....

tikibay thread is up and running now...this thread is officially dead. .....please do not post here.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 5:20 PM

one more thing, I notest that the recent posts on Tikibay are just links to websites. The original idea raised by tipsy was a quik reference to accual art for sale, please keep this in mind when posting on that thread.It realy wont serve its role as a quik referance if people have to serch multiple websites in order to find out whats new for sale... I guess we could start a seperate thread for listing artists web sites. but I dont think that was tikibays intention...what do you think...

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 5:56 PM

I would like to see pics of the actual piece for sale and a detailed description. The seller can post the asking price or request that intested parties PM them.

C

I will be posting a few statues on your new thread soon Kirby.I need to get some photos down loaded.Capo

Pages: 1 27 replies