Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

exotica sounds in weird places

Pages: 1 7 replies

alright, there is a copier in our office that squeeks - and i swear it is a dead ringer for the first, tremolo bird call from quiet village...

Sounds like you have no choice but to mix yourself a Mai Tai and wait to see if the copier plays the rest of the song. It may take some time, so pace yourself.

Years ago , when I was on the way to AquaZOMBIE's* wedding, I stopped in Carson City, NV for a quick visit. As I was walking down the street, I heard a familiar sound. I stopped and listened for a short time while my mind was processing the tune. "BALI HAI", I exclaimed! It was being played by the church tower's Carillion Bells!!! I never heard Bali Hai played by church bells before. "Tiki Church", I jokingly said to myself as I continued with my travels.

*Aquazombie (for those who don't know)is the TC member who lives below Otto!

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY 2006-01-13 15:41 ]

A

*Aquarama (for those who don't know)is the TC member who lives below Otto!

Smiley, I think you're talking about Aquazombie.

Speaking as a longstanding member of the AQUA community. Unfortunately my handle is much more lame though.

-Randy

M

On 2006-01-13 15:16, aquarj wrote:

Smiley, I think you're talking about Aquazombie.

-Randy

thanks, I fixed it!

You want exotica sounds in weird places?
Hang around with Mr. Smiley after he has two helpings of oyster beef from Minnies.

M

On 2006-01-13 18:25, Unga Bunga wrote:
You want exotica sounds in weird places?
Hang around with Mr. Smiley after he has two helpings of oyster beef from Minnies.

I was wearing a Windbreaker last night-it was aptly named! :)

M

Well, if you really want to know, during one yawn tonight my mouth made this weird squawking sound that sounded to me just like the creaking percussion in Martin Denny's "Diga Diga Doo". Then I put on that CD so I could enjoy that sound again. Now aren't you sorry you asked? :)

Pages: 1 7 replies